Sunday, August 28, 2016

First Day of Kindergarten

SUNNYVALE ISD ROCKS-- For Real!! With Isaac's anxiety issues, I thought it best to have Isaac and I meet with Principal Staley before school started. It was so so soooo good for us both. We met with the three of us, then just Principal Staley and myself. She is one incredible woman and truly has the kiddo's best interest at heart.

"Mom- I know why Principal Staley gave me the nicest teacher... because she thought I was a goodbye and good listener!" 

Big day for all of us.

Isabel was a bit jealous of Isaac going to school and insisted on bringing her lunchbox too!

Who is this big kid-? I was so so worried about Isaac starting school and his first day was a testament that prayers are answered. I had such a peaceful feeling the entire time. Watching this boy who has been through so much, strut his stuff with bravery and courage made my heart melt. As we walked under the big "K" hanging from the ceiling, I could feel the mommy heart starting to burst and the tears making their way, BUT, I bit my lip, put a smile on my face, and kept those tears at bay. Only happiness for this big day!

Meeting Mrs. Thomas. SHE.. IS.. AMAZING..


Yep-- they get their very own lockers.

He felt like pretty big stuff!

One of his best buddies had a bit of a struggle getting his open and Isaac was more than happy to lend a helping hand.

Good friends make for a good school year!

Proud Daddy...

Proud Mommy..

We are so proud of you Isaac- Daddy and I couldn't be happier with the young man you are becoming and the learning and experiences you will have in the future!



1 comment:

jq said...

Proud of you Isaac...Thanks for helping Peter too! Thanks Cindy for the cute pic!