November 9th
Isabel thinks the swing is for her... She tries to kick the monkeys with her feet!
15 days old- we are all in love with her.
November 10th
Isaac is frequently crawling over me to get to Lily!
Love this little googly eyed girl.
Isabel decided to take matters in her own hands and gave herself a makeover while I was nursing Lily. I tell you what, this girl gives her brothers a run for their money, she is just as busy and in to things as they were.
"Yook Mommy!"
"I love my baby sister!"
We do too buddy! We do too!
Thankfully... Grandma Lori came to our rescue and we got to keep her for 9 whole days!
Isaac was beyond excited to see her.
November 11th
Isabel giving Gran some makeup tips!
I don't know why I think this picture is so adorable but I do.
Lily overload. She is just so cute. I love that her paci is dang near bigger than she is, and YES, she takes a paci. My only child. Hallelujah. Some comfort until she finds her thumb!
The Beckers brought us BBQ for dinner and Isabel held nothin' back!
And helped herself to the yummy cake that I clearly place too close to her.
November 12th
Our "Hansen Family Thankful Tree." We did really awesome-- NOT. We each put one leaf on the tree. Life with a newborn is busy. So at the end of November, our poor little tree was very much naked. So I wrote, "We are thankful we survived November!"
Story time with Gran.
Very tricky bud!
November 13th
Snuggle time. Lily LOVE LOVE LOVES to be snuggled.
This girl, Isabel, HOLY COW, she seriously goes crrrrrazy when she sees Lily. I'm not even kidding. I have a video to prove it that Ill try to post on FB. She Isabel sees Lily or hears Lily fuss, she starts shaking her head and hands and say, "Oh! Oh! Oh! Baaaaaby. Oh! Oh! Oh!" She is crazy;).
My GIRLS- How crazy is that. I did NOT think that would happen. I always thought I would be a mom to all boys. Although not what I thought, I couldn't be happier. My sisters and I are so close and I loved growing up with them. Even if Stacie was a tad bossy in what my Barbies could take with them when they were running away!!
SOOOOO, big news at our house. Eric got a new job. At (drum roll please)....
MARY KAY
(Yes, you may start making pink Cadillac jokes!). It is a SWEET set up. For real. He will be one of their in house attorneys with one of his best buds Kevin. He will be doing transactional work as well as European council - Mary Kay is all over Europe and selling like hot cakes.
So to celebrate, we surprised him with a "Think Pink" party when he came home from work Friday night. Pink layered jell-o. Pink lemonade. And his favorite treat, Rice Krispies! The kids loved it because we stayed quiet until he turned the corner and then we yelled, "Congratulations!"
Grandma Lori made him a pink chain (hanging from the baskets)!
We have LOVED working for Locke Lord. They are an amazing firm. Eric spent 6 almost 7 years working for them. They carried us through the hardest time of our lives. I think that more often than not, big law firms and attorneys in general, get a bad rap for being sharks and out to get people. Well I am hear to set you straight- Locke Lord is a big large firm and they could not have been more family friendly kind and loving to our family. They gave Eric and our family the gift of time with Atticus, supporting us emotionally and financially the entire way through. Hence, we have deep seeded loyalty to these amazing people.. There were a few in particular that Eric was sick over having to tell them he had been given an opportunity and as a family, we decided to take it.
Thank you Locke Lord for all you have done for us. We will forever be grateful of for out time there.
November 14th
Soooo, It's Saturday morning and Isaac's last soccer game. It was the first time we all had to be out the door at a specific time. And we were on time so I was feeling very proud of myself like, "I totally got this three (four) kid thing." Then.... Lily had a totally blowout aaaaand I forgot to put more diapers in the diaper bag. Aaaaaaaand, I forgot to pack an extra outfit. Aaaaaaaand, (because it was so so cold Lily and I stayed in the car to watch the game), Eric walked over the car to ask if I brought a water for Isaac, to which the answer was no. So, I had few choices as I sat their in the car- I could run home and get the items I needed, but then miss his game. I could cry and feel guilty about how I totally do NOT have this three (four) kids thing. OR I could say, "Well, this is life."Laugh and keep on keeping on. And that's what I chose to do (yay me!!). So Isabel got eaten by one of Isabel's diapers, we cranked the heater us and snuggled, borrowed and water from a fellow player and carried on!
Isaac almost scored a goal!
He loved playing soccer and can't wait to play again!!
Back home with everyone in proper clothes and diapers, but someone clearly forgot who was the baby... Seriously this girl. She wanted to be swaddled and rocked.
We are so glad Gran could be there for his last game.
Bath time- Lily hates it. For real.
Ice Cream Sunday and football time!
November 15th
Handsome for church!
I absolutely LOVE both of their faces in this picture. That face is totally Isaac- too cool, big stuff. And Isabel- such a goof troop.
Her DARLING dress was from Grandma Lori and Isabel loved it. She loooooves to get in dresses. Looooooves to have bows in her hair. And loooooooooves to have pretty shoes on.
She calls these black church shoes her, "Dancing shoes!"
Lily and I stayed home from church and slept and snuggles.
Eric sent me this pic from church-- apparently the older ones slept and snuggled too. Although I have a feeling that their was more laughter than zzzzz's.
November 17th
My little Thanksgiving Turkey.
Oh! I just love her.
And love love love her little Turkey Toosh.
November 18th
I got to go get dressed up and go to lunch with Eric and his secretary and paralegal to thank them for all they've done for us. My first outing. Lily's first bottle!! We both did great!
Making pumpkin roll with Gran. I no joke, ate an entire one myself :). 'Tis the season!
There is nothing sweeter than the smell of new baby. They way they mold to your body. They sounds of their little panting breath and how their whole body moves with each inhale. I love her.
November 19th
A very sad day at our house Grandma Lori had to go back to Utah :(.
It was SO MUCH fun having her. She held babies. Built Lego after Lego (Isaac was in absolute heaven). Read stories. Played princesses. Held Lily. Brought me water after water while I nursed. Did laundry. Took the kids to the park... It was 9 amazing days. We love you mom/gran. THANK YOU.
A few days after she left Isaac got teary-eyed and said, "Mom, I wish Gran was here to play Lego's with me. She's a better builder than you!" And it's true. She's kind of a Lego-Maniac master builder.
Isabel taking care of her baby..
Isaac taking care of his!
He ADORES her.
Me too!
November 20th
My first big event post baby with all the kids. I was one of the room mom's for Isaac's Thanksgiving Party. I had planned for Jene to keep Lily- then just Isabel and I would go... The girls and I ran an errand then go to Jene's house where I would nurse Lily then head to school. OR, I will miss-judge my time, be on my way to jene's realizing that I was totally going to be late for the Thanksgiving party and didn't have time to drop Lily off so we all went to the Preschool party. I may or may not have had a slight heart attack- my newborn surrounded by a bunch of 4 year olds aaaaand she was going to have to wait to eat since I had to set up.
BUT... we survived. Lily screamed for a bit but thankfully Jocelyn, got there early and held her for me so I could finish things up.
They each picked out their own Native American name. Isaac chose, "Little Shark!"
And here is his shark face!
Aaaand another one!
I love this boy!
Happy Thanksgiving preschool friends!
Back home and Isabel was ready to PLAY!
November 21st
Grandma Becky came back to Texas and we could not have been happier. She could barley put her purse down before Isaac and Isabel were wanting her to go outside and play with them.
It was freezing that day but, princesses don't mind the cold weather!
November 24th
Eric's LAST DAY at Locke Lord. They gave him a reception and I got to go too. It was very nice. They gave speeches thanking Eric for his hard work and dedication, tried to convince him to change his mind :) and adorned our family with gifts. Family Super Hero shirts. A remote control car for Isaac, A wooden makeup kit for Isabel (she seriously loves it) and a gift card for Eric and I. It was a bitter sweet for us. Change is always scary. The firm has been so good to us and we are so grateful, but we are beyond excited for this new adventure and the perks that come with it ;)
Cheers to November thus far. It's been a busy one and only going to get busier!! But I wouldn't have it any other way!
















































2 comments:
What a cute idea to do a pink party! You are so creative.
Love the pics-
xoxo
Jen
Love your update and you seriously have the cutest newborns!
Post a Comment