Tuesday, July 23, 2013

4th of July

...Our trip to Utah...
June 29th- July 7th

We stayed at my dads house this trip and Isaac very impressed with his motorcycle and his dog Oakley!


 First on the "to do" list, celebrate Eric's birthday (the actual date is the 24th of July).

Snow cones for the kiddo's.
Drinking fountain fun with Emmie and Lexi.


As with most Hansen family events we ended the night with the BBall game "7 on the line."
Pop Pop showed the grandkids the Bingham High you tube video!

Baby Shower given by our families...
Decorations were darling food and the food was delicious. Isabel and I were very spoiled.


I know I say this all the times, but I have the most incredible family. The room was filled with 40 cousins, Aunts, and friends. THANK YOU!!




Tiff and Steph... two amazing DIPG mamma's

Just hanging out at Papa Jim's and Grandma Shawna

Breakfast with the troops.


Hangin' with the kids...
Isaac loves "kitty." Kitty does not however love Isaac so much :)
One on One with Grandma Becky.
Glow sticks in the tub!

4th of July in Jackson, WY...
Road trips are exhausting.

For Atticus (he loooved hotel soap).
Walking to the "lunch counter" look out.

Although we stayed at a hotel (lame I know), we spent the days at the Trevino campsite and PLAYED!
And played....
And played!!






Isaac was cracking us. He was so excited to roast marshmallows but didn't like how hot it was and covered his eyes! "Dad, It's too hot for my eyes!"

The cousins.

Uncle Matt helped Jay build a tepee.

Making campfire cones. Thank you pinterest.

 My bestest friends.
 The girls!
 I sure do love these boys.




Happy Birthday America!
The parade in Jackson was really fun. The boys loved the candy and beads and us adults loved the awesome roller derby team and "saloon girls on horseback" very entertaining!
The awesome "firework" shirt were made by Jay and Charlie!

Kennedy and Jacie

Lunch at The Bunnery
Isaac loves Oakley
Helping daddy get ready for a Dutch oven dinner
Jay caught his very first fish!

The fireworks. We had a perfect view from the hotel.
Isaac said "The BOOM was mighty loud!"




Fly fishing down the snake river. No luck, but fun anyway!








Apparently we played to much... he was one sleepy boy.

It rained one afternoon so we swam at the hotel!

This bald eagle was right across the river from us!


Flying back to Texas...
Lots of late nights and crazy naps equals a very tired two year old. He slept a good portion of the flight.
He was very happy to wake up the next morning and snuggle with mom and dad at home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like y'all had the best time. Love that you share all your special experiences with us. Y'all are the cutest family. Sherry Howard

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great family trip. You are so good at taking pictures to document it all. I love the picts of Isaac with dirt on his nose, and the ones of him sucking his thumb - what a sweet boy. :)
-Erin

Anonymous said...

This may seem odd but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. When I was pregnant with my 1st baby I was all about babycenter and their November 2009 board which was where a lady started posting updates about your little angel (who has certainly earned his wings!). For some reason I forgot about her updates and babycenter in general until today. I can't even explain why but I read the word radiation somewhere totally random and it made me think of your little boy. I searched the board for updates until I found your blog... I was hoping to see some good news and two smiling brothers and when I didn't my heart broke a little for you and your family. I have two boys myself and could not even begin to imagine the hurt you carry in your hearts. I just wanted to let you know I was so sorry for your loss and your son will not be forgotten, even by those who never met him. Congratulations on your baby girl, I wish you and your family the best.