"Start spreading the news. Im leaving today. I want to be a part of it. New York, New York!"
Eric surprised me with this trip and I could not have been more excited. I have always wanted to go to New York and see a broadway. It was the first time we have been on a trip together since our one year anniversary. So it had been almost 5 yrs. We were both SO excited.
We have been doing a lot of traveling over the last 2 months and although each trip was fun, each trip was also emotional. BYU game... amazing but emotional. CureSearch walk... amazing but emotional. We were both so excited for a trip that just got to be fun. No saddness attatched. We picked my mother-in-law Becky up from the airport; She got in, we got out. We gave our sweet Isaac a big fat kiss, then headed for the big apple!!!
This is the first time I have flown without kids in 4.5yrs!
We made it! Our taxi ride... it was about the only time we were in a taxi. We were TERRIBLE at getting one. It became comical actually, we seriously could not get one for anything.
We waisted no time, and once checked in at our hotel we hit the streets and headed for the Empire State Building. It was absolutely beautiful.
Im sure many New Yorkers had a few laughs at my expense. I was a total tourist and could not stop smiling looking everywhere and soaking it all in!
Time Square! It was everything I hoped it would be.
We ended our first night with some very yummy cheesecake.
THURSDAY * 10/18
..Levain Bakery..
This bakery is known for their cookies but it was their baguette and jam that I loved. I could eat it every morning! DE-lish.
While there, we saw THE Matt Daman. I about passed out! Eric was the once who spotted him, He, Matt Daman, was dropping off his daughter to school. I seriously had to pick my jaw up off the nasty New York sidewalk! I really wanted to ask for a picture but my husband said that was not allowed! But I did however yell as he drove away, "I love you Matt Daman!" It was awesome!
Not the best pic, but there he is!
After a yummy breakfast and our "star" finding, we hit up Central Park and L-O-V-E-D it.
It is HUGE and beautiful. We walked around for over 2 hrs.
The leaves were just starting to change colors.
It was so fun to be with my husband. I felt like we were on a 2nd honeymoon. The last 9 months have been so trying in so many ways. It was so fun to be with him, laugh with him, talk with him... I love this man and thouroughly enjoyed be with him! Hence the million and one pictures!
His "thinking" face!
Amazing that in crazy busy NYC is a breathtaking park!
Eric became an expert with the NYC subway!
911 Memorial
Katz deli... we had a really yummy ruben!
Rockafeller Plaza... Eric and I love the show 30 Rock so this had special meaning to us!
Time Square
Time Square has a kiosk allowing you to get discount same day broadway tickets. We purchased tickets to see "Nice work if you can get it" starring Matthew Broderick. We were sitting 12 rows from the orchestra and paid half the price!!It was SOOO good! The cast made a mistake in one scene and had the entire theatre rolling with laughter! It was SUCH a fun night/show. The guy who took this picture is an actor in "The Phantom of the Opera!"
FRIDAY * 10/19
...was CrAAAAzY! It was pouring rain. We started the day back at the Rockafeller Plaza to do the "top of the rock" to get a full city view, except the visibility was ZERO! No joke. But we saw some amazing... fog :)
After "top of the rock" we took a subway to the other side of town to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. We were hoping the weather would calm down by the time we got there.... this very flattering picture shows that the weather did NOT cooperate. We seriously got blown away.
So we tried to re-vamp our plan but after trying to get a taxi for at least 20 minutes we decided, "What the heck?! Lets walk across the bridge anyway!" We got totally drenched but laughed the whole way!
The rain stopped right as we were approaching the end of the bridge!!
Go figure!!
Once across the bridge we went to the famous pizzaria "Grinaldi's." Maybe its because we were out of the rain.. maybe not, either way, it was the best pizza we have ever had! So so good.
Next on the list: the Statue of Liberty
I love this man... and this view!
After Lady Liberty... Museum of Modern art. I HAD to have my picture taken by "Starry Night" It is my favorite piece from Atticus' art portfolio.
Sorry Van Gogh, you don't hold a candle to my Atticus!
SATURDAY * 10/20
We went to the LDS Temple that morning. It's so pretty inside. We had a very peaceful time with lots of sweet thoughts about our eternal family!
After the Temple we got changed, ate breakfast, rented bikes and rode around Central Park!
The leaves changed so much in just two days!
These "street" dancers were incredible. One of the dancers approached me and started dancing, I wouldn't say with me, more, around me, because let me tell you, he was dancing in a way I have never ever danced. I went beat red and stiff as a board, looked at my husband for help... who was of course was laughing his head off, along with the rest of the crowd!
Unfortunately... these dancers got busted... It was crazy. Fists were thrown!
Then it was time for the "Eric & Cindy" food tour...
We were advised to do a professional food tour, but because of the incredible food recommendations we recieved from family and friends, we decided to do our own...
Stop #1: Limbardi's Pizzaria
It was good but Grinaldi's was better. According to us.
Stop #2: Cafe Habana
AMAZING corn on the cob and cuban sandwich.
Stop #3: Donut Plant
They were even good at 7pm.
After our food tour, we saw the play, "Peter and the Starcatchers." It was SOOOO good. I would totally see it again. It is the pre-queal to Peter Pan. It seriously was so good. Very inventive and funny. On our walk home that night, Eric and I decided that our favorite part of our NYC experience was Central Park and the Broadways! LOVE LOVE LOVED...
When we first got to New York I thought, "Ohh, I wish we were staying a week." But come Saturday night we were both very ready to see Isaac. It was a perfect trip and the perfect amount of time. Thank you Eric, for being the worlds best husband, dad, and travel agent! I love you. xoxo






























13 comments:
Wow sounds SO much fun!!! So glad you got to have such an amazing trip!! Thanks for sharing...ps. Atticus's painting of starry night is seriously amazing!! What an artist!!!!
I want to go to New York. It looks like you had a wonderful trip.
There is a Grimaldi's in Dallas, if you are interested.
oh Cindy and Eric I am so glad you did this! I love your smiles and the love you have for eachother.
Your trip sounded so fun! I've never been to NYC but now I really, really want to go! :)
I am so glad you got to go! I heart NYC!!! Um and btw...Matty Damon is my absolute FAVE and I am so extremely jealous. I LOVE HIM!!!
Iam from NY :-)!!! Soo glad you guys had such a great trip! Great pictures! You two are SUCH a cute sweet couple!!!
Good for you!
You two are so freaking cute! :) I LOVE Atticus' Starry Night also - what an amazing little artist!!
This makes me want to go there even more than before. I LOVE all the pictures you took and all the stories. How amazing that you got to go to the temple there too. Love the Brooklyn Bridge story. Love that you had this time together. Love that it was a trip just to enjoy yourselves. Oh I love every last picture. xoxo
P.S. My SIL Michelle has a huge crush on Damon. I love that you yelled, "I love you." So great. So fun!
P.P.S. I would have given 100 bucks to see you blush like that. I can just picture it now. So funny!!!!!!!
It looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I have always wanted to visit NYC, since I was little (I grew up in a small town). It looks like a magical place! I'm so glad that you were able to spend some quality time together. You totally deserve it and look happy. Thank you for sharing! -Erin
So thrilled for you and Eric to get away and just have fun. Loved the pictures and the stories and just seeing you have so much fun. You are loved and thought of so so often. My little Cohen has been wearing his Atticus orange and blue plaid shirt. I think of you and your cute boys when I see it. I want to see a picture of Chunk in it!
Cindy, I just love you. It was so great to meet in person and give you a huge hug. I am so proud to call you my friend. My family was honored to be part of such a specail weekend. We wear our shirts with pride.
Here's to more happy trips.
xoxoxoxoxo
Ang
NYC is so much fun! I was jsut there last month and this made me want to go back! I agree with you about Grimaldi's...yum-a-rum!! And so jealous of the Matt Damon sighting. What a babe. ;)
I do enjoy New York except when stuck in traffic in the Bronx, which I've done several times. Best time to drive through is New Years Day-everyone is at home!!
So glad to hear you had such a nice get away. I'm sure the memories you made and the time you shared together will be a strength to you both!!!
Post a Comment