Sunday, April 8, 2012

Our trip to San Antonio

April 4th-7th

We have been given a major trial. But through this trial, have had our eyes open to so many things. So many blessings. One of those major blessings is Eric's job. After the first 24 hours of Atticus' diagnosis a panic began to set in for Eric and I. Id be lying if I didn't say we worried about his job and what would happen to it. How we would pay for our increasing hospital bills. You begin to realize how much rely on your career.

I don't even know where to begin because words will not do it justice;  And I don't know if our blog is the appropriate place to discuss this. But I discuss everything else on here so why not. We have been blessed. Locke Lord (the law firm Eric works for) has provided us with security. Something that Atticus' diagnosis does not. We are constantly in a state of "day to day." A few VIP's from the firm visited us while at the hospital and assured us over and over again that his job was secure. That we were not along. That they would help see us through this. They said prayers with and for our family. I get really emotional thinking about it. It's so overwhelming, in a good way of course. They have truly made us feel like we matter and have value.   That 3rd year attorney's matter. We're not just a dime a dozen. Pretty incredibly. Huge blessing. Huge. You wouldn't think such a positive reaction would come from such a large firm. But it did and does. They are proof that even the big guys value family. We will forever be indebted to them. And will forever be grateful for them. 

Our incredible Sea World Adventure was brought to us by Locke Lord.
It was absolutely AMAZING.

Our flight left and 11am Wednesday April 4th and we didn't even have to flag down the pilot! We made sure we left extra extra early to prevent our flight fiasco to Florida. It was a quick flight and the kids did great. Isaac even got his own seat. He felt very big and was such a flirt with the people around us :).

OK seriously, talk about VIP treatment. Once in San An, we got a rental car from Herts. Atticus got a Hertz race pack! Poor Isaac. His life won't be nearly as charmed. Loved? Without question and equally as much. VIP treatment wherever he goes? Not so much.... Sorry buddy :).
 

THE HYATT RESORT 
First things first... unpack the racers!

 

Oh the life of the rich and famous!! We tried to pretend service like this was typical for our family but I'm pretty sure the sweet gentlemen delivering our "welcome goodies" could tell by our excited and nerdy smiles that this was not a service we get at Motel 6!
 

A glass milk jar in ice! It was awesome. Total flash back to my winder dairy childhood.
 

Since we don't drink alcohol, we thought we'd use the "wine glasses" for our milk and cookies! 
 

Atticus said, "Mom! I've never used this kind of cup before!" He used it all day long. Even for his meds that night. And then dropped it and broke it! Sorry Hyatt. 
 

They have a lazy river so after our tummies were filled, we got in our suits and hit the water.
 

We spent a long time in there. It was really fun!
 

Isaac being a big boy in his very own tube!
 

The resort has an activity calendar for families and Wednesday night had a campfire and s'mores.

Isaac saying, "Ohhhh!" Funny story, I was being a boring mom and gave him just a plain 'ol graham cracker. A little girl sat in the chair next to him and when he saw her s'more he said, "Mmmmm!" over and over. We got a good laugh!
 
 
 

Discussing life!
 

On our way back to our room Atticus said, "Mom, I looooove s'mores!" 
Here's the funny thing. He doesn't. He looooves marshmallows. He thinks a mallow on a stick over a fire is a s'more! 
 
Getting ready for bed...
Isaac kept putting the sand bucket on his head! Silly baby.
 

Playing. Atticus' calls Isaac Captain Distructo and always yells for help when Chunk heads for his racers. He is pretty good at sharing as long as their not his favorite ones.
 

Rub-a-dub-dub TWO boys in the tub!
 

Thursday April 5th-- 
...Sea World...
(day one)



Walking with Dwight (Marketing big wig for Sea World) down the "Employee Only" roads!


Meeting the Baluga Whales 


Atticus is telling Isaac not to be scared!


Yes we were that close. It was pretty much amazing.
Meet Martha
 


Atticus hung on to every word the trainer said!


The whale to your left is the momma. The whale to your right is the baby. They are gray when they are born and get whiter as they grow!
 
 


"Conducting" AKA getting Martha to speak! 
  





Up close and personal with Daddy.


This is what Atticus was SUPER EXCITED about. Feeding her!
 

Sea Lion show...


It was really funny....

Some of the actors...

... really really funny!
Atticus laughed his head off! It was awesome.

Ms. Julie from preschool wanted Atticus to take a picture of a sea otter. As soon as he saw it He said, "Mom! Mom! Take a picture for Ms. Julie!" So, this ones for you Ms. Julie!

Chunk... ready for a nap.

Super de-duper funny! 

More actors...

Isaac applauding.

Atticus wanted to sit by Dwight!

Walking back to the "employee only" area...
With an actress
 

Meet El Rod...
Our favorite Sea Lion in the whole wide world!

"Home Alone" faces 

Joe, El Rod's trainer, telling us all about this 300+ pound beauty!

Daddy and El Rod

Isaac and El Rod (Isaac preferred to keep his distance)

Seriously, I get the biggest smile on my face looking at these pictures. It was the most amazing experience. We all had perma-grins the entire day! It was a total dream experience.

Even Sea Lion's have a sense of humor :)
 

"Going down a roller-coaster"

 Feeding El Rod

 Joe was great and Atticus listened to every word.

"Conducting!"

"Surfing"
"

"Shakin' it!"
 

Meet Dozer...
A 3,000 pound walrus! His dad was  4,000 pounds!!
We didn't do as many tricks w/ Dozer because of his size and he is not around people as much as some of the other animals. Atticus was really excited to meet him and Dozer was really excited to meet him too. While still in his "home" he kept smashing his face against the gate, "Hey! I want to come out!"Atticus laughed and laughed.
 
  
 

You would say "hold" and he would keep the fish right there. Then as soon as you gave the word, Dozer would slurp the fish right up! It was crazy to watch this big guy move around.


His whiskers felt like comb bristles. He uses them to dig around in the ocean floor in search of food.
 
Isaac wasn't such a fan of these big animals but was a HUGE fan of the cute girls!
 

Fresh Water Sea Otter
For Ms. Julie
 
These little guys couldn't come out because they are little rascals! But we did get to feed them.

For the life of me I cannot remember her name, Marianne maybe? Anyway, she is another AMAZING trainer and made this back stage visit awesome! Thank You Sea Lion show and crew!! 
 

Behind the scenes with Animal Conservation

Meet Suzie...
Spreading her top feathers is sign she is happy!!
She say's "hello"
 

Hissing Cockroack.. Spiney Lizard..
Scorpian.. Horney Turtle..

"Atticus told JJ (trainer) that Isaac is still learning to be soft with animals, so he'll help him!"
I was amazed at how brave Atticus was. Although I wanted to scream when He held the cockroach I remained calm. Knowing Atticus, If I screamed he would have chased me with it!
 
Alligators have a "U" shaped mouths. Crocadiles have a "V" shaped mouth

JJ our "tour guide"


SNAKE... a 6 ft Boa Constrictor to be exact!
I stayed clear of this one.


Isaac was brave enough to touch the old skin-- gross!

Seriously, his love of this kind of scares me!
 


The snake wrapped itself all around his body.


Atticus and Dwight. We cannot thank him enough. He is a big wig in the marketing department and took more than half his day giving us a tour and taking pictures for us. When our tour ended I couldn't help but cry. He helped us make some amazing memories.
 
Arcade time...


Pink Flamingo's for Mrs. Cherry!


A few shots of my cute boys...
 
 
 

That night we went for a wagon ride played at the playground and relaxed!
 

Sea World...
(Day 2)

What better way to start of the day than by feeding the dolphins.
Those who know me well, know (and I'm sorry animal lovers) that I do not love animals. I love that other people love them so I don't have too! Having said that, dolphins are my favorite animal!



Atticus wanted to feed them more and more! We went through 3 trays of fish. 
 
 
Shark Aquariam. 


We saw the Azul show... where Martha, the Baluga Whale we met and fed starred!
It was pretty impressive.
 


The boys eatin' some popcorn enjoying some crazy animal and human tricks!


Isaac has had more junk food than good for him :) And he loved every bite of it!
Espeicaly the popcorn.


Martha taking a bow!


The Shamu show..
Atticus is waving to Shamu.


It's a really cool show.
 
A really cool show that gets you really really wet!
 


We were all soaked through! 
 

After the Shamu show we got to...


We got to go behind the scenes and eat while watching shamu play.
 
 


It was so cool to be this close to such an incredible animal.
 
 


Face Painting...


May I introduce the Loc Nes Monster!
Atticus was very proud of his scary face. And LOVED the reactions he got.


We got back to the resort around 4 and decided to hit the pool and play at the "beach."


The Hyatt Resort is AWESOME.
 


Daddy and Isaac stayed in the lazy river while Atticus and I played in the sand.

We ordered pizza that night. Packed up and went to bed!

Our flight left and 10:50 am but we got to the airpot in time to eat. Atticus cracks me up. While eating breakfast he said, "Mom, it sure is fun eating at the airport!" Goofy kid. The flight went great. Perfect in fact. Both kids were asleep before we were at cruising altitude! I got a little nap in there too!

Sea World was such a great experience for our family. It was the perfect amount of time. The perfect combination of activity/relaxation. We are SO grateful for the many hands that went in to this vacation. 
THANK YOU! Check off another "Hansen Family Adventure" with a BIG smiley face next to it!!


THIS was our welcome home...


With these cute things all over the house!
 
 
 
 

THANK YOU to our secret "eggers." THANK YOU to the secret agent(s) that...
1. mowed our lawn
2. took Eric's clothes to the dry cleaner 
3. cleaned our house, and bought easter basket goodies for my kiddo's. 

Thank you.. Thank you.. Thank you.. We are truly blessed. All of these good deeds make me want to be a better person. Thank you for being such incredible examples to me and my family.

xoxoxo

8 comments:

Mercedi said...

HOLY COW!! Talk about VIP treatment! What a wonderful adventure! Atticus looks so happy and that melts my heart. You are both amazing parents and handleing this all with such grace and strength. I'm so glad you have eachother to lean on and go through this with. I loved every single picture here! Love you lots! Happy Easter!

denise said...

Just beautiful. Am so glad to see all your amazing memories.

Lots if love from rainy old England xx

CassideeT said...

Wow! Such a great adventure for such a great and deserving family! I am continually amazed by the strength of your beautiful family. And Atticus' smile is truly the sweetest thing in the world!

Leah said...

What an amazing trip. Like COMPLETELY Uh-mazing. I am so thrilled you had such a great time. Talk about perma grin reading and hearing what you got to do and seeing the faces of your sweet family. What an amazing firm Eric works for. I am so happy this trip was so great. What VIP treatment. Totally awesome. And your eggers are totally cute. I LOVE the eggs and signs around your house. So fabulous. So sweet. You have such an amazing support system. I love you!!!!!! like L.O.V.E. love you.

Jake and Nicole said...

Amazing!!!! How deserving y'all were of this fun adventure! I loved looking at all the pictures and could see the constant excitment it brought! What priceless memories! I think some of my favorite pictures of you and your boys are in this blog!!! What a beautiful family! So glad it was a good experience!

Janadt.Huggins said...

I'm seriously in tears. What an awesome memory that will come back in your mind for years to come. You are loved Hansen family. I'm proud to be one of your lovers. :) Keep these memories coming.

Stamp With Linz said...

Loved every bit of it!

Anonymous said...

Atticus and Family, you are all welcome to come back and see the animals with us here at SeaWorld any time you like! Just dont forget to wear your AWESOME hat. :) - Steve and Martha (the beluga whale)