Sunday, February 26, 2012

The weekend...

SATURDAY: My sisters book club sent me the most beautiful boquet of tulips a this week. We enjoyed them each and every day. Thank you "Worlds Best Book Club- Utah Edition!"
Stace is a flower girl and every day she would arrange them and take out the not so pretty ones. Well the purple tulips were the last to go and she did not want to throw them away. So us being us being silly and making fun of eachother and decided to make it a photo shoot! These are the beautiful purple tuplips...
This is what the purple tulips really looked like. We were laughing so hard. Good sister moment. I have LOVED having her here.
Grandma Hansen and the Boys! Atticus wanted Grandma to snuggle her when she got to our house (11pm). She said that he woke up in the night and said, "Hi mom... Holy Cow! Hi Grandma!" He woke up at 5:30am (he usually gets up early on the weekends since he knows he can eat first thing) and the literally raced cars ALL DAY.
Racing cars, burrying cars, washing his tricycle... they had a VERY busy day!
Mr. Rolly Polly! Tell me you don't want to eat him up!! He just so squeezy!!
Auntie Stacie's pretty cute too!!
He crawls!!! Like crawl crawls... Go chunky go! We are so proud of him. He is getting so big. I want to stop time. He is at such a fun age. I can't remember if I already posted about this so if I did skip on over this :) Isaac's now says: uh-oh, dadda & mamma of course, hello, thank you, wow (super cute because he says it with a lot of expression), and his newest word is ball! He blows kisses, plays peek-a-boo, waves, and LOVES to snuggle. He has THE BEST fake cry. Is doing this growling thing and pretty much is the cutest thing ever. He is in LOVE with squeezy baby food (and I love it cause he gets his veggies) and can now hold them himself! Big stuff.
The weather was AWESOME this weekend and we spent the entire time outside. I can not tell you how amazing it is to see Atticus play, kick a ball, hit a ball, climb on the play set (he can totally climb the latter by himself). It does our hearts good. Aside from his "steroid look" he is almost back to himself and we LOVE it. He had picked out his very handsome outfit!
Date Night: MONSTERJAM! There was a Monster Truck show at the Dallas Cowboy Stadium Saturday night and we got awesome tickets for FREE. They teamed up with the Texas Oncology group and gave all their patients tickets. Atticus was SO excited to go. He picked out his handsome outfit. We decided to make it an official date and started with dinner! A yummy greasy whole in the wall burger joint and it was DE-lish!
He was absolutely mesmerized. He loved it. We made him wear ear plugs AND headphones and it was still super loud! It was a really fun night. The highlight for him: 3 truck landed on their heads, a few lost tires, and one caught on fire!! He is such a boy!!!
SUNDAY: Im not sure who put the quarter in this kids but he a crazy man today... FULL of energy! Atticus is very lucky. Grandma Hansen brought a "Magic Bag" with her. It hangs on his bedroom door and at random times, her magic bag magically creates a toy or book or treasure. Today her magic bag created a race track for the tub. BIG BIG BIG hit! She realized it was the only place he could't race cars. So naturally he had to have one :)

10 comments:

EmmaTheJane said...

I am so so happy he is getting to be his normal crazy self! What a blessing! Thinking of you always. Harrison prays for Atticus all the time. Last night he said please bless Atticus twice in his prayer and after he said "whoops! Well he is super blessed boy now!" we love you!

1tiredmama said...

How fun to go tho Monster Jam! It looks like he loved it!!! So glad that he has been able to go outside and play! This weather has been fabulous!! Thanks again for sharing with all of us! (( big hugs ))!!

jq said...

I'm so glad you had an amazing weekend. The pictures make me smile:) I'm so happy Atticus is doing so well. Hope you are doing great too! You look beautiful. We love you all so much.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your posts!
We were at Monster Jam too, our little guy had a BLAST. Which was Atticus's favorite?

emilybolles said...

He is so adorable! Your whole family just melts my heart! The love that you have for each other!!! I am going to have warm fuzzies inside all day! Thank you for sharing your amazing child and your amazing family with us!
-Emily Bolles

Mercedi said...

What a great weekend!! Atticus is doing so well!! I know I have said this before but I am so glad you have had so much family here to support and help you. What a blessing! I really can't believe Atticus is running, kicking, and climbing! Amazing! I thought about you Saturday night when you were at the truck show, looks like it was so super fun! Love you lots!! I hope this next week is as good if not better than last week!

Chris and Michelle said...

So happy you had another great weekend! It's so good to see him kicking that ball. Go Atticus! I LOVE his faces in the tub and his wide eyes at the Monster Truck show. What a cutie. And speaking of cute, Cindy, I love your haircut! We're praying for another good week for you guys. So glad Grandma H is out there. Hugs to all of you!

Angie said...

We talked about Atticus tonight in family home evening. I just had to tell my family about his "I got a letter from Jesus", comment...

They ate it up. And my cute hubby said... "It probably was from Jesus... through his Grandma."

xoxoxoxo
Ang

Leah said...

Those pictures are the best!!!!! I love the monster truck ones. You are one hott mamma!!!! Love the daily updates. Yay for chunk!!!! He was so close to crawling when he was here last. I video taped him saying uh oh about a hundred times. Live it when they learn new words. What a great weekend. I need to come kiss his chubby checks. Xoxoxo times a million

chercard said...

those last 4 pictures in the bathtub are hilarious and darling!