Friday, February 24, 2012

Radiation Day 21

Friday Feb 23rd ..TGIF.. We looovvvee Fridays. I love that Atticus loves Friday. He has been chipper all week but was super happy this morning. He was telling daddy, Stacie, Chunky that his port gets taken out today (not really his port but the needle and tubing). Daddy had to go to work this morning so it was me and Atticus today (chunk stayed with Auntie Stacie). It was fun to be just us! We got some EXCITING new on the drive to Dallas. Make a Wish called... ATTICUS GETS A WISH! We are so excited. The lady was darling and said the "Wish Granters" will call me first of next week to schedule a time to come meet our family and visit. Once off the phone Atticus and I started talking about what he thinks would be a fun vacation. Here are the things he said: Dinosaur Museum and he wants to have a picnic outside. Then he said he wants to take a vacation on train. THEN he said he wants to go to Disneyland. THEN... he said he wants to go to the beach and play in the sand! So who knows!! We are just so excited to spend time together! WOOHOO!! Treatment went by super fast today. I made a few phone calls wrote a Thank You card and they came and got me. Sleeping babies are just so sweet. I love watching him. His deep breaths, rosy cheeks, his chubby lips that I sneakily put chapstick on because he never lets me when he's awake, I love him. Once home be decided to have a BBQ and put some chicken apple sausages on (there at Costco and super yummy) Stace did some veggies and we ate outside. After lunch we raced cars down the slide over and over and over again. It was a fun afternoon. Tonight was really fun too! We had yummy dinner via Jocelyn, then after I put Chunk to bed, Eric and Stacie played scrabble, and Atticus and I played "Memries" aka Memory. He loves that game. He gets THE cutest victory smile when he gets a match.

Posted by Picasa
SUPER ATTICUS...
Posted by Picasa
Oh Isaac. Why is it he'll drink milk from the gallon but not a sippy cup! Boys will be boys...
Posted by Picasa
Atticus LOVES getting mail. He likes to sort through it and make piles. One pile for him and one pile for us. We go through each one talking about where it came from and who sent it (just so you all know, we keep every single one! We put them in his special letter book!) anyway, we were looking through the pile and came across this letter. Atticus said, "Look Dad! A card from Jesus!" It was so funny!
Posted by Picasa
Grandma Hansen comes in tonight! We are so grateful for our amazing families that are so willing to drop everything in their lives to be help us! THANK YOU!

10 comments:

OuR LiTtLe FaM said...

Yay for Friday! What a great day to get a call from Make a Wish! I can't wait to find out what Atticus chooses to do! Whatever it is, I know it will be awesome- he has such a wonderful mind that he is bound to think up something amazing!
I am inspired by your strength and courage each day. You (and Eric & Atticus and Chunk ,too) really make me want to be better. Thank you for your updates.
Oh and I LOVE the Super-Atticus cape! It is so adorable on him!
Love you.
xoxoxoxo.

laurie Carlson said...

I found your blog through Mercedi. You amaze me! Your children are precious! Love to read your updates about Atticus. My little grandson Jake just relapsed with leukemia for the second time. He will have a bone marrow transplant in May. These little guys are so strong and brave. And Make a Wish is awesome! Thanks for sharing Atticus' story.

To follow Jakes progress you can go to:
heidi-jeff.blogspot.com

chercard said...

I don't even know you but your family is in our prayers. Just know that an LDS family in Las Vegas is praying for you. That Atticus has stolen my heart he is so darn cute and full of life. May God's choicest blessings be upon you!

Workmans said...

Chicken apple sausage! What! I will have to try. Atticus is the coolest super hero I know! Remember those pirate capes we made in Waco?? My heart melts every time I see Atticus's grin! Thanks for taking the time to update. You have this strength and light that radiates from your posts. We love you guys!

Mercedi said...

What a great day!! I am so glad you have had family here to support and help. I love that Super Atticus outfit! Just darling!
You are just down right inspiring Cindy. Your love for Atticus is so dear and touching.
We love you all so much!
(PS if I ever get a thank you card from you I will seriously come and sucker punch you in the gut!)

Anonymous said...

Disney cruise, perhaps?

Angie said...

Yay for make a wish. Such wonderful news. Can't wait to hear what Atticus chooses. Seriously... Could Atticus be cuter? Jesus wrote me a letter. One of the cutest things I have ever heard a kid say. That boy is one in a million. You know what little buddy.... If Jesus sent letters, I have no doubt you would get one.

Cindy... I just love you. You are an inspiration to all of us. I love how open and real you are. Wanna know a little secret.... I had a therapist for a good six months last year. It was so good for me. After my fourth baby, my hormones changed and I was struggling and needed some extra help. Good for you to recognize that you needed it and good for you for being open about it. I think you would be surprised how many go to therapy and just don't talk about it. No shame in it. We all need tools and ideas sometimes to keep us our best selves.

Chunky will come around. When I quit nursing my last baby... He quit drinking. I was stressed he was going to be dehydrated. Slowly.... Slowly he came around. I also tried a bunch of different sippy cups until he like one. Oh, I have a a sister in law that would put strawberry syrup in her kids milk to get them hooked and then wean them off it. Just an idea.

Thinking about you and praying for your fam.
xoxoxoxox
Your friend :)
Any

Angie said...

Awesome. I spelled my name wrong. I can't type so well on our iPad....


Ang

Unknown said...

I used to supervise the landscape crew at Give Kids the World in Orlando. If he picks Disney this would be a wonderful place to stay. They are amazing there!

My daughter made it, barely, to the one year mark on nursing. After that, no milk. Period. I gave her water flavored with a bit of juice. Luckily, she would eat yogurt and cheese.

Praying for you all in Greenville, SC.

Sammy said...

Chunk going straight for the milk carton is such a classic!! So thrilled things are going smoothly and that Atticus is so obviously becoming more and more like himself each day. You are doing amazing Cindy. Thank you for the updates - we love them AND your family. Praying for you everyday.