Sunday, January 3, 2016

City Sidewalks. Busy Sidewalks. Dressed in holiday style...

December 16th
"Atticus' Special Spot." I finally got control of my emotions and decorated it.


Christmas Handprint Art!


Impeccable timing Santa- the day before Atticus' 8th birthday. My first thought was, "You've got be be flipping kidding me!" then, "Santa must have forgot. Atticus hasn't written a letter in 3 years. Stuff like that is a huge punch in the stomach.



December 17th


Happy 8th Birthday Atticus!


We all wore Atticus shirts...

And ate donuts and had chocolate milk.

Had friends drop by donating toys for "Atticus' Toy Chest."

A full van ready to deliver toys.

THANK YOU to ALL who participated. I cannot tell you how much our family appreciates your generosity and selflessness. When Atticus got his very first IV, he got to pick out a stuffed animal. A stuffed animal that was donated by amazing people like you. That is just one example of kindness we were showed and the type of kindness your donations will show. We love you all!

One of the four Oncology doctors, but Atticus' favorite. We love you Dr. Lenarsky. You are one incredible man.

He is so kind and was so excited to meet Lily and wanted to hold her. Lily was VERY alert, Dr. Lenarsky even commented on how alert she was. She just stared at him then smiled. A real smile. I teared up and said, "She must know your Atticus' favorite and I bet she sees Atticus right this very minute." 

Always a tender time, filling his toy chest.


Taking toys to the 6th floor. Kammie- our favorite 6th floor nurse and Brittany one incredible Children Social Worker. We chatted cried and laughed.

Jene was a pill and wouldn't get in any of the pictures with us but she was there with me. Eric had to work that morning so I called Jene to see if she would go with  me. That girl is a rock. Id be lost without her.  I won't thank her because she hates that, so I am NOT thanking her :) 
Love you Jene-ne!!

Flowers from my family.

We went to Atticus' favorite treat spot: Bahama Bucks.




G and G Hansen made a red and green care package for a little guy in their neighborhood battling Leukemia.... Please keep him in your prayers.

Sarai sent us this sweet pic of her Christmas tree.

My sis-in-law sent this pic... Emmie chose "Atticus" for her letter "A"


Bethy-girl and Livvy took donuts to Primary Children's Hospital.

We love you guys. How blessed we are to have such amazing family, friends, church members, and strangers now friends. You all make the hardest days more do-able. Thank you for thinking of us. For donating toys. Thank you for dropping by. Sending emails and texts. Thank you for continually keeping us in your prayers. We love you. xoxoxo

And to Mr. Atticus, Happy Birthday sweet boy. You are one loved guy!

December 18th
Isaac's Preschool Christmas Program
Isabel was ready to DANCE!

Lily was ready to eat!

Isaac was ready to perform!
Front and Center! This kid loves to perform. The exact opposite of his big brother! All morning he kept say, "Mom are you so excited to see me?" and "Only cheer for me mom! JUST me!"

Man I love this kid. He can try my patience like you wouldn't believe but the soft spot I have for him is larger than life.

He performed for us many times  at home. What I love though is this, on stage he acts like he's too cool for school. He  sings and dances but has this, "Oh brother" face that cracks me up when I know he is loving every second!
"Down through the chimney with good Saint Nick!"


Melt. My. Heart.

Lily wasn't quite sure about the outing :). She actually did really well.

Isabel was singing and dancing right along with the school kids!

The finale! They all did such a great job! And yes, Isaac, I only cheered for you!!!

Isaac's awesome teacher Mrs. Hreha.

Their super cute party lunch that Isaac had no interest in, but Isabel sure did!

December 20th
Dressed for Church!

I know this isn't the best pic, but I posted it because she always walks around holding her dresses or shirts that have tutu's attached like this.... like Cinderella walking into the ball!

For the life of us, we could not figure out the cameras stupid timer to get a pic of all of us.

Even though they can be stinks they really do love each other.



Isaac got to give the 13th Article of Faith in church! With mommy's help of course.

He did a great job!

Lily Smiles!!


She is still such a peanut. I'm not sure she's going to chunk up like the others did :(

I got a sitter for the older two so Lily and I could finish our Christmas shopping. Sometimes nursing is a pain, but for the most part I love the bonding and the cute little girl I get to snuggle with!

I was BOUND and DETERMINED to have this 4th child take a bottle. NONE of the others would. I am glad to report that Lily Takes a Bottle! Twice a week I pump and give her a bottle and she does great! Go Lily!!! Isaac loves getting to help feed her!

Round Two of "Atticus' Toy Chest" delivery.
Isaac really wanted to take the "toys to the children" so we did. 

My cute helpers. It was an emotional yet healing process. Showing Isaac where his big brother spend 4.5 months. I showed him the playroom and Room 5 and 6 the two rooms we spent many nights in. Isaac is trying to figure it all out. He gets sad sometimes and says things like, "I just miss my brother." and "I never even had a brother. I never got to talk to him or play with him." When those comments come up I show him pictures and videos of the two of them together and remind him how grateful we are for eternal families. That one day, we will ALL be together again.

Christmas baking: Mint chocolate cookies. Cranberry cookies. Christmas Mix. Peppermint Bark Popcorn. Two batches of toffee. Christmas wafers... I text my family telling them this and said, "If I don't gain 10 pounds this Christmas, I will have failed." Although I did not gain 10 pounds like I wanted to :) I am no longer at my pre-pregnancy weight, (which I was shortly after having Lily). I may have gained 7 pounds back. Guess I better get back to work!!!

Gingerbread Houses




Such handsome boys!

"Ohhhhh! I'm so proud of you Isaac!"

"Yook! Yook! I'm so proud of you!" (talking to herself)

Sure love this crazy crew of mine!

December 21st
Isabel was dancing with  Lily (she's holding her hands).

December 22nd
Grinch Party
Isaac was so excited for this... which cracks me up because it was totally low looooow key. Grinch kabobs. Chocolate chip cookies. Green juice with green cups and green straws and the horrible Jim Carry version of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas." 

I seriously cannot stand the Jim Carry version but Isaac loves it. And the Qualls boys seemed to like it too!! I think I may mysteriously loose that version for next year.

All good "Grinch" parties end with battles on the trampoline!

It's Christmas time right? Cause this 72 degree temp is confusing us. On one hand its so nice to be able to play outside but on the other hand, Where the heck is Christmas?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the holiday things for Atticus are amazing. Love him so much.
So impressed by all the things you do.
Love you guys!

Jenny