Thursday, April 10, 2014

Montana

I have amazing memories of Bigfork, Montana. It definitely takes a "Top Ten most Beautiful Places" in my book! Growing up, my Grandpa and Grandma Romera had a house right on the lake that we had many family BBQs there. I would take the paddle boat thing on the water and pretend it was a car and play house, dropping my "kids" off at various locations! My uncle Rusty would sing and play on his guitar, my grandpa would play the spoons, smoking his pipe (I still love that smell, even if it did give me allergies). There was always LOTS of laughter LOTS of talking and LOTS of fun. Stacie and I would have sleepovers at Kims house, and hear the story of when they were chased home from school by a bear... Shere would always make my favorite white sauce enchiladas... My Auntie Linda Uncle Hank lived/live in Snow Whites house.. it seriously is the most perfect cottage. SUCH great memories.

My democratic, spunky, nature loving Grandpa passed away and although the purpose of the trip was for a sad reason, I was so excited to see everyone. It had been 7--SEVEN-- years. The last time I was there was in 2006 for Thanksgiving. Eric and I had been married almost a year and were moving to Texas for Law School January 2007. 

SHE..WAS.. A.. GEM..
Isabel was my travel companion and she could not have been more well behaved. I had to wake her at 4am to get to the airport and she STILL had smiles the entire day... I packed 6 outfits and 3 pajama's for our 2 day trip and no joke, she went through SIX outfits and two pajamas...  

We had a 3 hour layover in SLC. But that part went fast, because we had visitors!! I was born into an awesome family and married in to an awesome family! The Hansen's crew came with a breakfast picnic and kept me and Isabel company!


Brett and Bethy... just two little teeny tiny months before their little GIRL gets here!

Grandma and Pop-Pop!

Sarai and Dustin... just a three months away from their little BOYS gets here!

LOOOOVE her chubby legs. I didn't get her out dressed until right before i got off the flight.. Blowouts of course. Two of them!

Snuggle time with Grandpa.

Another bonuse.... Auntie Jen and Uncle Matt were on the same flight to Montana with us!

It was an ity bitty plane!!

Yet another blowout!

We made it! Isabel is a fabulous travel companion.


Walking down memory lane!

It was in the mid 70's when we left Texas and came to a cold 35. Once we landed, Isabel was constantly in the arms of one of these two ladies!!


Meeting up with Family! 

Rene and Isabel (she is just week away from delivering a little boy!)

My goofy sister! She thought she was pretty funny and wanted me to tell Eric that she had our daughter in a bar gambling! We can always count on Stacie for a good laugh!

Shere. I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. Hopefully I am!

My sweet sweet Grandma Carol. There is not a mean bone in her body. I just lover her to pieces. 7 years is way too long. The memory of her having coffee and toast with her little puppy makes me smile.

She is an absolute angel baby!

Auntie Bonnie. This gal has got SPUNK! She had Isabel laughing. She pulled me aside and told me that she planted a special plant for my Atticus and that it is just flourishing!! Love you Bonnie!

My best friends! I love spending time with them.

This picture just makes me happy! It's missing a few VIP's but I know they were looking down on us from Heaven happy that we were together sharing laugher and happy memories.

THIS beautiful view, is what we woke up to Sunday morning!!

I was seriously so excited to eat here. 

We ate at the Echo Lake Cafe EVERY time we came to Montana and every time, I would order their Hot Cocoa, because it is the best!


It was amazing!!



Isabel is always a good baby, but Im not kidding you, she was absolutely PERFECT the two whirlwind of days we were gone. PERFECT.

She's not only got daddy wrapped around her little finger, but Uncle Jason too!

Isabel meets Isabel!




Grandpa Jack's Service.

My dad spoke and did an incredible job. He had us crying then laughing.  It was the first funeral I have attended (although not the first family member to pass since Atticus... Grandpa Lonczyna and Auntie Linda) since Atticus' funeral. I had prepped myself the weeks before, hoping to get it all out before hand so that the day would be about Grandpa Jack and only Grandpa Jack. 

I didn't do perfect but I did pretty good. A bit of a meltdown at the beginning then was able to take myself "out" of my son's funeral and into a wonderful celebration for one heck of a man. We love you Grandpa Jack. 

Grandpa Jack served in the 101 division as a US Paratrooper, 


One handsome couple!!

See you soon Grandpa! Don't teach Atticus too many crazy things!! XO

Auntie Diana..

Stacie.. Tara.. Auntie Diana.. Rene.. Holly

The Girls!!

Spencer.. Me.. Stacie.. my Dad.. Shawna.. Jenny


Isabel and Grandma Carol bonding time!

It was a whirlwind of a trip. We landed in Kalispel, MT at 1pm Saturday March 22nd and flew home Sunday March 23rd at 5pm. It was go go go from the time we got there and although exhausting, I loved every minute of it.
Needless to say, we both crashed on the flights home.

Im so glad I had this sweet little thing to keep me company.

6 comments:

Forshee Family said...

So grateful for your beautiful family who wrap each others arms around one another. You come from a very blessed family. PS I really really want to kiss that little baby!!!

Anonymous said...

You and Isabel are a perfect, beautiful mommy and daughter pair!:-)

Tiffani said...

So so fun! What a great little getaway for you and your girl.

Sarah said...

This is random, but were you at the Ranger game last night and were on the big screen for a second? My husband and I were there and I thought I saw you.

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

@Sarah...

We were!!! That is so funny. Im totally embarrassed. I looked terrible :)

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so adorable - all three of them. I've been following you since Atticus first became ill and I'm amazed by you. You have probably already heard of her, but just in case, I'm sure Brylee's mom could use some words of comfort from one who truly understands. Brylee is in the last stage of DIPG and it's heart wrenching - just as it was when you went through this. Here is her blog address: http://bryleein5.blogspot.com/2014/04/time-to-let-go.html
Just thought I'd pass it along in case you want to contact her.