Saturday, December 14, 2013

Atticus' Birthday Party

Atticus' birthday is December 17. He would be turning 6 years old. Even though there is NO WAY I could have done a party for him last year, I still felt guilty  for not doing one and promised myself that no matter how hard it would be, come his next birthday, I would do a birthday party for him to celebrate his life. So here it is… Saturday December 14th we had a birthday party for our Angel Atticus. For his last birthday he wanted a bounce house "racer" party, so I decided we would do it again….


A scrapbook page for each of his birthdays.. On his last birthday here, he wanted a cake with a dinosaur and "racers." That's what he got then and that's what he got now!

Every birthday boy needs a birthday banner...

 Not everyone knows how to cluster tie balloons… I've got crazy cool skills :)

Thank you pinterest for the "road" idea! And for those of you that have boys that love "racers" and would want a "road" at their birthday party, Hobby Lobby was the winner and the only store that had yellow duct tape. Just another reason to hold Hobby Lobby on a pedestal! 

While I was setting up and taking pictures, Isaac asked if I was taking a picture of him, so I quickly turned the camera his way and he actually smiled!!

Madeline and Ethan were a huge help and took over the popcorn machine for me!

There were a few party goers that came in either Blue and Orange or "Atticus" shirts! Thanks you guys. Very VERY thoughtful and put a smile on my face!

I guess I was too busy to take pictures of the bounce house fun, cause your lookin' at all I got!

Mrs. Cherry and Izzy-Bizzy were twiners! Have I mentioned that we love her?!

Jene was  Isabel's mom during the party! There are a few friends that I am indebted to them forever. Jene is one of those friends! Thank you.

…She also had the magic touch!

Some pretty amazing friends!!

We were getting ready to sing Happy Birthday and I asked Eric to get out the Ice cream. This was how he put them out, and said, "Here!! THIS is my contribution!" He too, has crazy cool skills! 

One of the two dinosaur cakes with "racers" as requested by the birthday boy in 2011.

Isaac had been asking me since Friday when we picked up the cakes if he could have some and would not leave my side until he got a slice!

I told the kids that it was time to sing Happy Birthday, and one replied, "We don't have to sing since he's in Heaven." Innocent question. I held back some tears, smiled and said, "That just means we have to sing super loud so he can hear us!" The kiddo smiled and indeed sung loud!

Right before we started singing, I felt the pit in my stomach grow and the lump in my throat get bigger and bigger. I was going to loose it but I tried really hard to keep it in control. Eric had to step in and get the song started. I turned around and cried, but was able to sing the last bit.

We had everyone blow out the candles.

I went to put the cake back on the table to start cutting it, looked up and saw the scrapbook pages of my sweet boy and lost it. It shouldn't be like this. Thankfully Tori and Emily took over and I went in the other room and bawled. Then regrouped and went back out. Oh the joys.

Isaac finally enjoying slice #1!!

 And then enjoyed slice #2

Our cute neighbor Abbie and our "cousin" Hallie.
P.S. Leah (Hallie's mom) had Caleb!!! Check it out. He is a little stud and could use some extra prayers. Click HERE


Thanks to AMAZING family and friends, Atticus' Toy Chest will be overflowing. I cannot wait to take it to Dr. Lenarsky. This is going to make so many cancer fighting kiddo's happy. I cannot even begin to tell you how the secret room saved us. So many morning's Atticus would wake so upset that he couldn't eat and not wanting to go for radiation and be poked and prodded but the thought of getting to go to the "Secret Room" made those rough mornings tolerable. So THANK YOU. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU. This means the world to me. Because it meant the world to him.

***

Atticus, I don't have to tell you how much I love you because you know sweet boy. The whole wide world knows. Nothing beats a mommy's love for her babies. I wish you were here. I wish it was just you that got to blow out the candles. I wish I could give you six big fat kisses for each year of your life. I wish your cancer journey had a different ending. You are an amazing boy and I'm so proud of the influence you continue to have in our lives. big Big BIG hugs and kisses to heaven. I hope you and your angel buddies had your own little heavenly bash. I love you. xoxo mommy


5 comments:

jq said...

It was a very special party for an even more special boy. You are a tough momma, and did atti proud! Know he is loved and missed by us and thought of constantly.

Camille said...

Thanks for sharing this. What a touching tribute and celebration for your sweet boy.

Love your friend from afar in Forney,

Forshee Family said...

Even thru all your tears and pain you think of others. What a blessing you are to your children and those that will find joy in the toys.

Keiser Family said...

We don't officially know each other, but my wife and I live behind the amazing Berger family, Bethany and Brett. I have been so touched by your family. We even got to meet Atticus on one occasion. You have inspired us and lifted us up without even knowing it. Happy Birthday Atticus!

Alisha said...

Cindy,
You are truly amazing. Happy birthday to Atticus!
Alisha