Thursday, October 10, 2013

2 Weeks of Life

Miss Isabel

* This girl put me through the ringer the first week. Holy Cow! I seriously thought I would never get sleep again. And thought I gave birth to a fuss-pot.  She had her days and nights really mixed up and would cry and cry and cry all night long wanting to nurse every 1.5-2 hours. But come week 2, she finally got it figured out-- Hallelujah! And is now waking every 3 hours to nurse and for the most part goes right back to bed. Again, hallelujah! Her stomach has settled and doesn't stiffen her legs like she did in the beginning (which Im so glad, we thought mabye she had acid reflux). Her tummy has settled and is a great little nurser.

* She still will NOT sleep laying down and is sleeping in the swing. Not moving. She likes to be cradles I suppose. We'll have to work on that later!

* She has found her thumb a few more times. Im keeping my fingers crossed that her thumb mouth coordination kicks in soon but until then, she's  doing pretty good with the paci.

* She is the worlds sloooooowest burper. Seriously. And a huge spitter upper! Like don't be without a burp cloth!!

* She gets horrible hiccups just like Atticus!

* She is the gruntiest, snortiest, tootiest, little thing you ever heard! I seriously laugh out loud. She sounds like an elephant. It is so stinkin' funny.

* We mostly call her Isabel, but also call her Izzy-Bizzy, cause she keeps my busy busy and Princess!! (No Bell and No Izzy)

* She has these kissy lips that I can NOT get enough of.

* I think she'll follow mommy's footsteps and play piano, she's got amazingly long fingers!

* She is so so SO loved by her family. It's funny, when Isaac was a baby and would cry, it would upset Atticus. He would get so concerned about his baby brother and want me to calm him down or take Isaac out of his hearing range (usually that's what her preferred, little stink). But Isaac, couldn't care less about the crying. Isabel could be screaming her guts outs and Isaac will say, "Inna hold Isabel!" Or if he is already holding her and she starts crying, so I start to pick her up, he'll get mad at me, "Inna hold her!!"

* I love to watch her sleep. Sleeping babies are the sweetest things in the whole wide world. I love how their whole body moves up and down. Yes newborns are super duper hard, and yes I did say on the 3rd night in tears, "I want my tubes tied. I am never doing this again!" But the way their sweet little bodies mold to yours, their smell, soft skin, and kissy lips... I just love her. 

* It is really sweet to watch Eric with her. I asked him if it felt different, holding a baby girl and we decided that you end up being a tad bit more tender. Truth be told... Eric's in trouble. She's already got him wrapped around her tiny little finger!

(I've had a few people ask about Isabel's bow collection... Some were gifts, but I have ordered quite a few from Pickyourplum.com and Groupdealz.com)

..9 days old..
(this bow was from pickyourplum)
She is just the sweetest thing.

I went in the bathroom and found this awesome sight!! I couldn't get my phone fast enough to catch him trying to pump his belly button!! I was laughing so hard. 

Her paci of choice... the Maam (but please please please find your thumb!)

..10 Days old..
I LOVE her in this little outfit!

Snuggling with Daddy!

Jene and the girls came to see Isabel and Isaac did not want to share her, "No I want to hold her!" We had to have him hold her first to "show" the girls how to do it!

..11 days old..
I love her. I really really do. And I love her skinny little legs in these skinny little leggins!

Although being pregnant during the Texas summers was not fun, the timing of having Isabel was perfect. The weather is cooling down  so we are able to spend time outside playing! 

Making cookies with mommy! 

..12 days old..

Her cheeks are getting chubbers!

Pillow talk!



..13 days old..
Her "disgruntled" face! And yes, I am a little bow happy.

We sure love Grandma Becky! And are so glad she was able to come.

Isaac wanted his pictures taken with his "special things" AKA a cricut cartridge :)

Isaac's has been doing really well. He'd gotten  pretty use to being an only child and getting plenty of attention and is handling this change rather well. Don't get me wrong. He has his moments and some really "fun" tantrums  and likes to yell from time out, "Stop it!" and "NO..NO..NO!" and the whiney-ness it driving me bonkers, but I really can't complain. He's doing a great job and is such a sweet boy and sure loves his sister!
His awesome smile!

This picture was taken the day I had Isabel! Jocelyn took the boys to the park. Isn't he so big! She told me that while there he saw some other kids playing and jumped in front of them with his hands on his hips and said, "Hi kiddo's! Im big boy Isaac!" 



2 Week Check Up... October 3, 2013

Isabel's Stats..
Weight: 7.10 lbs (42%)
Height: 19.3 in (11%)

She had quite the appointment... She went potty all over the table. Had 2 blowouts, which dirty'd both blankets I brought snd ended up being wrapped in my nursing cover!!

She has a "Stork bite" on her left eyelid and a Hemangioma at the crease of her left elbow, that will go away with time, and is just about the cutest thing!!



 She wasn't loving the appointment!

Shots make for a sleepy baby...

2 weeks of life and we are all still kickin'. You forget how crazy life is with a newborn, but we are so glad she is here. We sure love you Miss Isabel. Keep up the good work baby girl!!

6 comments:

JamieinOK said...

Thank you for the update Cindy!! I know you are so busy with your sweet little girl and she is just adorable! I have two boys and I'm not sure I would know what to do with a girl! I would be like you with all the bows! Thinking of you all.

Jamie in Oklahoma but from Dallas :)

Chantel said...

A lurker here...

Do you have a Rock N Play? It's the only thing my little guy will sleep in. He was so fussy the first month before we got it. It is such a life saver. I hadn't heard of it with my other kids but wish I had.

Oh and my sister is a designer for Pickyourplum. A lot of the products you see on there are hers. Love that company!

Zoey said...

One tip that we received truly saved us!!! Babies with acid reflux, GERD, or fussy ones prefer to sleep at an angle to keep everything from coming up. So we kept our babies in their car seat in the crib (so they get used to where they should sleep) OR we rolled towels or blankets underneath the top of mattress to make it at an angle, and then rolled a receiving blanket in the shape of a U to keep the baby from sliding down or turning sideways.

Maybe that would help??? She is ADORABLE!!!

Jim & Karyn Anderson said...

Heaven sent happiness!

Leah said...

I'm so glad she figured out her nights and days. Hallelujah! Claire wouldn't sleep flat either and slept in the car seat because we didn't have a swing. I'm glad you found a position she likes. Your eyelids are happy too. :) she is just as cute as can be!!!

Anonymous said...

I love her bows and shoe collection!!! hang in there sweet mommy. Remember you're post partum and those come with even bigger emotions too. The kids are beautiful!