Tuesday, April 16, 2013

ATTTICUS w.o.d.

When I first started CrossFit in the summer, I had casually said that we should do a workout named after Atticus. Months passed by and Amy, one of the CrossFit owners, asked Jene it she thought I would still be interested in doing one. We all got together at my place where I emotionally and a bit guiltily admitted that although I think it would be AWESOME it was not something that I was emotionally ready for. I wasn't ready to do a fund raiser in Atticus' honor. The thought overwhelmed me on so many different levels. 

Obviously I have some pretty incredible people behind me, because I literally did nothing but show up on the day of the event. Because of these incredible people, the ATTICUS WOD was a HUGE success. There was 170 participants with $8,000 raised for CureSearch

Thanks for staying strong when things got stressful and frustrating. We are so very very grateful.

As soon as I walked in to the gym, my heart started racing. I was so overwhelmed with gratitude and love. The gym was full of people. Both familiar and non. Posters were up.. the lines dividing each "row" of exercisers was marked with superhero tape.. It was a happy and fun environment, a place where I know Atticus would have loved and had fun. I knew Jene and others had worked hard but seeing it all put together was a realization of just how hard they had worked and I was overcome. I overcome just thinking about it. She did this for Atticus. Bless Jene's heart, that girl was there for everything. Everything. She brought us pizza the night he was diagnosed, because she heard that friday night was "pizza and movie night" at our house, and she was there while Atticus returned to heaven. She is has become our superhero. And I love her so very very much. 

I looked around and was overwhelmed that Jene and CrossFit and others, did this for our family.   They did this allowing Eric and I to stay in the background, because we couldn't. I was and am truly grateful. Although it is hard to swallow that we were having this incredible event because we lost our superhero, I know it was an event that Atticus would have loved. He loved to excercise. He loved to run around and play. He loved to shake his booty to some good tunes. He loved to be around people. And I know my Atticus was so proud of you Jene and friends. It was an amazing day. And we are all so very very grateful. 

Anyway... when the emotions hit, I took a step outside and cried then as Atticus would have said, I "bucked up buttercup." Wiped my tears and enjoyed a pretty incredible day surrounded by some pretty incredible people.

There was 6 different heats and after your heat you signed the poster!

Our fam.. Daddy- Mommy- Atticus- Isaac- Isabel!

The work out. It made me miss CrossFit (pregnancy is a bit tricky so no working out for me). It was so fun to see everyone so pumped to get there work out on!

Grandma Hadsell! Isaac made very good friends with her and spent quite a bit of time "refueling" his body!

Superhero Jene! She busted her booty. For months!! We are so grateful for her hard work.

Registration..


Hadsell Family

Hansen Family


Tailac Family

Hansen and Fish Family




Amy (one of the CrossFit owners).. me.. Jene.. Tori..


I have the BEST neighbors. 4 different households showed up to support our family.
Thank you, Bailey's, Dericco's, Baker's, and Nelson families! We love you.


Firefighter Roy Hawkins!


A visit from "Halo!"

Talking business!

Isaac was beyond excited to exercise. We drop clothes off to CrossFit for Eric sometimes and he always wants to stay and exercise. So when he woke up Saturday morning and I told him where we were going and the he got to exercise too, he was so so excited....

... and waisted no time in getting started!



He was such a little flirt with this girl and walked around the gym holding her hand!

"Watch this mom!"

Awwwwwesome!

Go Isaac Go!

The Grady and Morales family from our ward/church!


The Fish girls showing off their stuff!
Claire

Hallie

Audrey

Little Asa needed a good snuggle and nap!

Let the WorkOut begin!!
Before each heat Amy would give a shout out to our sweet brave Superhero Atticus! We are so grateful for the CrossFit North Mesquite owners for their work in the days event: Asa Amy and Jami.
Two different heats gearing up!

We got a huge turnout from CrossFit Garland, CrossFit South Forney, CrossFit Rowlett, CrossFit Frisco, and CrossFit Fort Worth. Thank you!!


The Baker girls!
Chrissy and the Bakers! Lookin' good ladies!!

Superhero Kristi!

Superhero Jen

Superhero Kelly and Tedy

Tedy is a buddy of Atticus'. He still wears his wristband!!

Two Steven's families and the Fish Family respresentin'!

Claire kept up with her momma every step of the way!

Hallie and Audrey! 

Eric represented our family and sweet Atticus!

Go Daddy Go! Go Daddy Go!

Jami and Amy. Two ridiculously strong sisters and Crossfit owners/trainers!
We love them!

Jill and Glenda! Glenda can't decide if she loves me or hates me for how sore she is!!
Love ya girly!!

John.. Glenda.. Jill..

1:00pm heat... and the kids ROCKED it!
Caleb.. Megan.. Madelyn.. Trinity.. Charlotte..


Gloria!!


Charlotte did great and kept us very entertained!

The "Superman" move!

Play time..
The kids had Isaac laughing so hard. It was really cute.

Isaac loves Caleb.

Superhero Charlotte

DUNK TANK..
Jocelyn stuck around after her heat to keep an eye on Isaac so I could watch Eric's heat!

Superhero Asa

Trinity..


Madeline..

Megan..

We love you Jene! A lot. Thank you for EVERYTHING. And I know exactly what you are thinking while reading this, "I didn't do it for a pat on the back!" And I know that! But I can thank you anyway. You are a Superhero to our family and we love you!

And YOU Mr. Atticus, you are one heck of a Superhero. You have touched so many peoples lives and continue to do so. You have more superpower in your 4 year old body than all the Superhero's combined. We miss you buddy and cannot wait to be with you again!

2010 Superhero Buzz Lightyear!

2011 Superhero Batman
He said this is his "Batman stance!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. Iam so thankful that i found it and that you allow strangers to be part of your life thru your lovely words. Thru tears, smiles everything! I just think you are so great and your family warms my heart:-)

Anonymous said...

Jene is amazing! What an awesome day. I'm sure Atti was doing his stretches up in heaven. How cool to have so many people come and show their support. Isaac looks way too big in all the pictures. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Your family is surrounded by people that love you and care for you so much!

Melissa Bitton said...

I love it! What great family, friends, and community members! Such an inspiring bunch. Everyone looks awesome!