Thursday, January 24, 2013

GIRLS TRIP

..GIRLS TRIP..

Thanks to Auntie Jenny, Isaac and I got to do a quick trip to Utah January 11th-16th
Eating a bagel while waiting to board the plane!

He was very interested in the "airplane magazine."


Isaac was awesome on the plane. It was pretty empty so we got our own row. There was a couple from France flying to the US for the first time and Isaac kept them very entertained. He kept saying to the husband, "Hi guy!" I did feel a little bad, they had fallen asleep and Isaac turns around and said, "wake wake" thankfully they thought it was funny!

Isaac was SOOO excited to see auntie Jenny. We went to lunch got settled at Jen's house, napped, then played. Jacie and Kennedy had him laughing and cheesing it up! I know I say this every time, but he really is such a happy boy, I just love him.

Later we headed to Bountiful to have dinner at Stacie's with the rest of the fam.

Meet IRON MAN! 
Funny story... We had just gotten to Stacie's house and her 3 yr old Charlie, is in LOVE with superhero's.  He came up to Isaac to Spider man/Iron Man blast Isaac... so Isaac, who is new to superhero's, gets in his "superhero stance" puts his hands out and says, "High-five!" We were laughing so hard!

We seriously flew in just in time. We landed a just after 12 and the snow started and 1pm. And never stopped. Utah was a winter wonderland and freezing!


GIRLS TRIP BEGINS.....

We started our sister time with zumba in the morning... this is what I think is so funny, we come from the same genes and are the BEST of friends but each are so different. Jenny would have chosen kickboxing. I would have chosen CrossFit, and Stacie, is all about shaking her thang!! She thought we would bail on her but we didn't.. Jenny and I shook our thang right next to her! I was waaaay out of my comfort zone but had fun. We ran a few errands did some quick shopping (always have to make a stop at Deseret Book and Rod Works while in UT), went back to Jen's for lunch then got ready for Jacie's cheer competition.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these two. They are my very best friends. I don't know what I would do without them. They are such a huge strength to me and we all adore them.


Jacie's team did awesome, she was the only girl who could tumble (I don't know the terminology) like she did. Like, flip after flip after flip after flip. No joke. She was awesome. Her team took 1st!!

After the competition, we went out to dinner then headed to the Marriott (thanks Allison). We got in "comfy cosey's" watched 'Adverntures in Babysitting' a childhood flashback, ate sees chocolates.. yes Jenny even ate some!! Then hit the sack. One thing we ALL have in common, is our inability to stay up late!

We had an amazing view of the Salt Lake Temple!



The next day was D Day so we all spent the morning crying, then laughing remembering that little stinker and his witty ways, then crying some more. My sisters are amazing. After a good cry we decided to pick us up by our boot straps and start our day. As Atticus would say, "Let's do it fam!"

We got breakfast, got massages, went shopping, went to lunch, went back to Jenny's and napped, talked, watched 'Pitch Perfect,' then hit the sack. It was a quick girls trip but SO.. MUCH.. FUN..

I met my mom at her work to pick up Isaac, he stayed with her Friday night -Monday am, where he was happy as a clam and had a "Joseph Smith Memorial Building" employee badge!! He called it is "zip-zip" and was very proud of it. He and Grandma Lori had LOTS of fun.

We had planned on visiting the Hansen fam that afternoon but they got super sick so we headed to auntie Stacies to play! They boys were wild and crazy and had lots of fun.


Isaac was all about my boots!

Bethy was the only healthy "Hansen" and was nice enough to drive up to Jenny's that afternoon to  come see us!

Back to Texas...

While waiting for Auntie Jens meeting to be done, we went to Target and had a yogurt and fishy's while "High-Yah-ing" with Starbucks stir sticks!

Isaac was again, great on the plane back. He fussed for 2 seconds then fell asleep on my lap and slept on the floor for 1.5 hrs. It was awesome. Don't worry, he was laying on my coat so it was soft!
Love this boy...
...and his cute little booty!

He had just enough time to eat a sees sucker before we landed.

Even though it was a quick trip, and Its always hard leaving Utah, I was anxious to see Eric. He had a big trial in Fort Worth working non-stop Friday thru Thursday, so we didn't get to talk much while away. Isaac was so cute, he kept touching Eric's face and saying, "Hi Daddy! Hi!"

This trip came at a perfect time. I needed a pick me up. And thats exactly what this trip was. It was FUN. And it was fun to have fun! Just as I couldn't have hand picked a better husband to go through this trial with, I couldn't have hand picked better sisters. I love you two. A big thanks and {HUG} to my amazing sisters, and mom for keeping the Chunksters and my hubby for working hard while we were away!!

5 comments:

jq said...

Hooray for FUN! I'm soooooo glad you could have a FUN weekend out with your sisters--they're pretty amazing as are you! XO

Stamp With Linz said...

Yeah for sisters! Glad you got to have some fun. Sure love ya!

Anonymous said...

Fun is very good - so glad you got to be with your sisters and take a break. Glad to hear you sounding upbeat and see those pictures of you smiling! Will pray for you to have more joy soon and often!

Laura said...

Hi, I don't know you personally but I've read your words for a while and feel how you are struggling. My sister wrote an article that is in the February Ensign about her grief in having a child with severe special needs, and I though perhaps it may help. http://www.lds.org/ensign/2013/02/the-refining-fire-of-grief?lang=eng

I wish you all the best. hugs from San Diego, Laura

Anonymous said...

I too am an angel Mommy. My 18 month old died of a heart defect. I remember the minute we were told there was nothing more they could do. He died 7 months later. I feel your pain so deeply. That was 3 years ago. I watched him go from an active little guy to not being able to life his head off a pillow.

I am also a social worker and I believe you have PTSD. I have it too and it's especially bad around the different markers of time I.e. diagnosis, birthdays, death date. Etc.You are absolutely normal and you need to let yourself feel it. But there is also help available and it will help you so much. I have been in therapy and on medication for 2 years and I am a functioning person now. I have 2 other kids so I had to do something so I could e healthy for them. Hugs to you, it is theist difficult thing imagine able, but you can do it.