What Mr. Isaac's been up to:
He had is 18 month Well Visit
Weight: 27.10 lbs in the 86%
Believe it or not, he has not gained any weight and dropped from the 96%!
Height: 33" in the 54%
Head: 48 cm in the 62%
We were behind on his vaccinations (He couldn't get any "live" viruses while Atticus was on chemo to he couldn't get a few of his 12 mo. shots) but other than getting caught up on those, everything went well. Dr. Straughn said that his verbal skills were awesome!
He's one busy boy and has been,
Making messes...
His new thing is to dig out the dirt from the house plants...
trying to hide from me 'cause he knows he's been a stinker!
Cleaning up the rain!
and cleaning up the floors..
He found Atticus' spider man shoes again and wore them all day.
Tiny-Tot Gymnastics
Our first mommy-me class and he LOVES it.
He especially loves bouncing and jumping and rolling and falling!
He also likes music time!
Isaac.. Eliza.. Sophie.. (Colin, not in pic)
Isaac is like his big brother and a talker. He's a little parrot and repeats everything you say. He LOVES to sing. It is so cute when he sings, "Head shoulders knees and toes." After a song is over he says, "Again?! More?!" He also loves to be read to and knows exactly what book he wants to read. He has awesome sound effects for cars, motorcycles, and airplanes. He gets very excited when I say we are going to see his friends. He'll say "friends" and start running around. It's so crazy to see him get big. He starts to show off when people come over; doing his tricks, getting up in their face saying, "Hi" until they acknowledge him. We pulled up to a birthday party and when I opened the car door and he saw the kids he said, "We're coming!" He is so stinkin' cute and happy. He is really in to hugs and will say "hug" with his arms out and want you to pick him up. He gives the best hugs. One more cute thing...the other day, he put my watch on then said, "Let's go!!" Oh and His new saying is, "Oh nuts" and it is super cute.
I feel like the more time passes the more he notices that Atticus' is gone. He will cry for Atticus and bring my phone to me. He knows there are video's of him on it. He cries, "Atti. Atti." It's heart breaking. The kid couldn't care less about Thomas the Train or Mickey Mouse clubhouse, but will sit still for an entire 15 minuets watching Atticus videos. We watch them over and over. We looked through Atticus' blog books 3 times, THREE. He sat on my lap as we looked at sweet Atticus, page by page, and they are lengthy books. Then when I went to put them away he cried, so we looked through them again.
GO LONGHORNS...
Atticus' baseball team, started their third season. On each of the boys uniforms is the top right "Angel A!" It was a very tender emotional moment for me and I am so appreciative of them doing that for him and for us. The team mom said, "As long as I'm team mom, no one will be #4 again. It will always be Atticus' number!"
Thank you!
Eric and I are surviving. Every day is different. I still feel like I'm in a fake reality. Still trying to find my place. It's surreal. It honestly feels like a totally different world. When thoughts do come of what we went through, I think, "There is no way we went through that and are still some what functioning." But I guess "functioning" can be interpreted many different ways! The "random-ness" is hard. Like I said, every day is different. Last week was a tough one and I had some pretty good meltdowns. One was at CrossFit, which was awesome. I walked in, asked if Jene could, "come here for a minute" and fell apart. She was literally holding me up. My legs gave out and my body shook. This week was pretty good. Tears here and there but nothing major. I really feel so blessed to have such amazing friends that take such good care of me, Eric and Isaac. They watch Isaac for me so I can work out, which is way better than therapy (we gave up on grievance counseling, it wasn't' helping). So I owe a big HUGE thank you to my amazing friends. One day, I hope to repay your kindness.
About a month ago, I was asked to be in the YW presidency for our ward/church (Young Women's is the youth group in our church for girls ages 12-18). I felt very overwhelmed and nervous, but love it. The leaders and girls are amazing. I'm not going to lie, on my "Miss Atticus Days" I find it very overwhelming and wonder if it is the right time for me to be doing this, or if I can do it at all. But then again, everything overwhelms me on my "Miss Atticus Days." But on my good days, I absolutely love it. I am working with some incredible girls and love them already. When you think of all the junk that surrounds them, you can't help but be so proud of them. Keep up the good work girls!!
We head to Utah next week for the BYU football game (my brother in law, Brett has a BYU connection that helped make this happen, thanks Brett-xoxo)... BYU sent Atticus a game flag a few months back. We were going to get the opportunity for Atticus to sign the flag then fly to Utah for the game so he could meet the players and walk the flag on the field. Obviously, things changed. BYU is amazing and letting Eric run the flag on the field anyway. Something we are both very emotional and grateful for. Atticus was really looking forward to it... We're doing it for you buddy!!!
Also, the CureSearch Pediatric Cancer walk is September 29th in SLC, UT. We had "Angels for Atticus" shirts made and will walk with humble hearts as we remember what our sweet boy went through.
It's going to be an emotional weekend but full of tender moments I'm sure.







9 comments:
Issac is so sweet and so cute and SO smart!!! It's heartbreaking to hear him cry for his brother. Thats more than i can take. Thank you for sharing, you are so amazing.
So glad Eric will get to run the flag onto the field. I am a random reader of your blog but am a big BYU fan and look forward to seeing this at the game next week. god bless your family.
I love love love you. I am amazed at the strides you have made. Always amazed. Always touched. I love your posts. Love chunks stinkin cute smile. Love you and Eric. Just plain love you. It makes my heart sad to hear about Chunk being so sad lately. What a sweet boy he is. My kids have different things they say for each of you when they pray. The thing they always say when they get to Isaac is, "Please bless Isaac to be happy." It's so darn cute. I love the retired jersey for Atticus. Love the angel halo and wings. Hang in there sweet friend. Remember, you only get one freebie from me! xoxo
As a YW leader who has been in in YW for almost 3 years, I am so happy for you to be called there! I love YW's like there is no tomorrow. They will teach you and you will teach them. I pray that mostly, they will help you in your healing journey. The Lord knows what he is doing when he called you there. Our YW these days need to be reminded that life is not just for the moment, that we need to focus on the eternities. You will bring a perspective to the girls that no one else will be able to bring because of your loss.
Chunk just broke my heart when he was crying for Atti at my house! My girls gave him lots of loves and watched Atti videos with him. I think Isaac has a thinner veil and gets to be close to Atticus more. I think he gets so much more than we think a 19 mon. old could get! You guys are amazing... I know there are ups and downs... But you have lots of friends that are always here to help carry you when the down days are just too much! Love you!
Oh you sweet, sweet mama. Your boys are so lucky to have you as a mommy and a wife! <3 You don't know my, but my husband and I both think about you and your family daily. You have helped me slow down and realize what is truly important in life. I heard this Song by Taylor Swift and it immediately made me think of you and your sweet Atticus. I hope the link works, but if it doesn't the song is called Ronan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiX7fA9da6A
Actually this is the link to the video with the song and pictures of the little man they are talking about http://youtu.be/3QiSZKfRFmk
Just a random blog reader letting you know I'm still thinking about you and praying for you and your sweet family. You're amazing! And I'll be at the BYU game cheering you on! Yay!!
Cindy, I will also be at the game on Friday and cannot wait to see Eric proudly carry Atticus' flag onto the field! I often think of Atticus when I am at the stadium which brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes imagining him sitting in the stands watching his favorite team. I think and pray for your family often.
Post a Comment