Wednesday
Grandma Lori flew in at 3:30pm. The boys were very excited to have Grandma here. They were also excited that Charlie brought a caterpillar inside to watch a movie with them!
Thursday April 17th, Happy Birthday James!
Atticus LOVES the stockyards and really really really wanted to take the Trevino fam to see the Longhorn cattle drive. It was a really fun day and great way to celebrate Jay!

I love my family!
Grandma Lori flew in at 3:30pm. The boys were very excited to have Grandma here. They were also excited that Charlie brought a caterpillar inside to watch a movie with them!
Thursday April 17th, Happy Birthday James!
Today my cute nephew, who is just about the sweetest thing ever with the most contagious smile, turned 5. We were so happy to have him in Texas for his big day. Atticus picked him out a light up Darth Vader light saber, but is horrible with surprises and gave it to him on Tuesday when the arrived!
Watching Rio with Uncle Spence and Charlie!
Uncle Spencer flew in Wednesday evening.
Uncle Spencer flew in Wednesday evening.
Fort Worth Stockyards
Atticus LOVES the stockyards and really really really wanted to take the Trevino fam to see the Longhorn cattle drive. It was a really fun day and great way to celebrate Jay!

I love my family!
Anxiously waiting...
(Atticus was really concerned that I was standing in the road to take the picture!)

Atticus totally surprised us and asked to ride the mechanical bull!!!!
Seriously, I have no idea where all this bravery came from, but we're loving it.
I'm pretty sure he liked it :) We didn't get a full on grin but a, "I can't decide if think this is fun or not so fun" look! Don't worry I told the guy about 50 times to go SLOW. I must have slightly threatened the poor employee because I had to tell him it was okay to go a little faster!!
It is our tradition that when we go to the stockyards we eat at Eric's favorite burger joint... The burger we make everyone get is the "Dirty Love Burger." It has a quail egg on it. Sounds gross I know, but it's actually really good. When in Texas, eat like a Texan!!
OKLAHOMA
April 18th-21st
We met with Dr. Munoz (Radiation/Oncologist) at 8:45am Friday the 18th. I have to be honest, I was really frustrated. He didn't even know that Atticus had his scan or what the results were! Eric and I pretty upset. We were seriously with him maybe ten minutes.
Thankfully, Tuesday night Atticus started feeling better and come Friday, he was more than ready to pack up and head to Broken Bow, OK! So that's exactly what we did. We forgot a ton of stuff but we made it out the door... 6 adults 4 kids two cars (men in one - moms and kids in the other) and lots of excitement!
We only had to take one bathroom break, one fuel/snack stop, and I only took the wrong turn once :) In my defense, it was raining really hard and a semi-truck was in front of me, Eric in front of him, so by the time I realized it was Eric getting off the exit, it was too late! hehehe. I'm not so good with directions especially when Stacie and I get talking- something we are both VERY good at!
The boys did great on the drive. On the last stretch we turned Atticus' favorite itunes on and had a dance party. I wish we had a video of it. Jay and Atticus were rockin' it. Charlie was belting it out and Isaac was "raisin' the roof!" They got moves like you ain't never seen! It was awesome.
Atticus could not wait to get in the hot tub! He was practically stripping down the second we arrived! I have to tell you a cute story... we have our kids wear swim shirts, for a few reasons, well Atticus wanted to be wild and not where it today. He got the funniest grin on his face, like he was being immodest or something! When he saw Uncle Jason he said, "Look Uncle Jason, we are the same!" Meaning their naked chests!
Uncle Jason is awesome. He had Atticus cracking up. He would stay under water forever then pop up and "attack" the kids! They LOVED it.
Don't you just want to squeeze him?
He is getting so big. He is standing on his own longer and longer. It won't be long before he starts walking. He seriously is the best baby in the entire world. Oh! I just love him. Jason taught him to say "hello" in a growl type of voice, it's super cute. His top two molars came in and the bottom two will make their appearance any day now. Im pretty sure his fangs are coming in too!
My sisters have been a HUGE strength to me. Like incredible.
Jenny comes in tonight and we can't wait. We have so much fun together!!
Morning cartoons
Atticus - Fisher - Jay - Kennedy - Isaac
Atticus wasn't feeling well the first morning there so after he threw up a few times, he fell asleep in my arms. He didn't want to go upstairs but wanted to nap by his cousins!
Arts and Crafts
I let Atticus pick out basically whatever he wanted at Hobby Lobby for craft time. They kids had so much fun. It was really cute to see what each one did!
Go Karts
"Date night."
(Yes I am in pajama's and yes I stayed in them the entire day!! I am runnin' out of steam!)
Bridal Shower for Auntie Jen!
Auntie Jen and Uncle Matt got engaged April 12th. We are all SO excited. Uncle Matt and his awesome son Fisher (whom Atticus adores) make a great addition to our family! We surprised Matt and Jen with a little shower in their honor! It was really fun.
Playing Pin-the-VEIL-on-the-Bride
Jacie pined it right on Jason's eye!
Making a beautiful wedding dress... and a handsome tie!
Grateful Head
Saturday night we went to the funnest pizza place. It had live music and awesome pizza!
Arm wrestling... the winner got and extra slice of pizza..
My hubby! There are two things (aside from me and the kids) that make my husband instantly happy... baseball games and boating. In his perfect world, he would spend every summer in Lake Powell, UT; wake boarding from sun up to sun down! Isn't he handsome?!
Yes I wake boarded. No I can't do tricks, in and out of the wake and that's about it. But I love it and had fun. It did make me realize that I should probably start exercising again :)
My AWESOME husband. He keeps saying he's nothing compared to when he was in his prime, but babe.... you still got it! And I like it!!
Atticus LOVES Uncle Matt.
He would NOT get in the water. I tried. Daddy tried. Jay tried. But Uncle Matt succeeded!
He would NOT get in the water. I tried. Daddy tried. Jay tried. But Uncle Matt succeeded!
Funny things Atticus has said
1. "Uncle Spence, your snoring is buggin'!"
2. He said "Oh darn it" in the car w/Auntie Jen. Then said, "Oh! I said a bad word. Now I have to tell my mom!"
3. "Jay!! Stop talking! PLEASE."
4. He told Eric that its good to put soda cans in the fire because it makes the fire bigger.... I learned it myself. In my school, in first grade!"
5. "Mom, I'm not the luckiest man!" I asked why... "Because I don't have very many coins!"
5. "Mom, I'm not the luckiest man!" I asked why... "Because I don't have very many coins!"
Our last day...
Jenny and Matt left straight to the airport from the cabin. The Trevino's Mom and Spence got to come back to our house for a few days. Mom left Tuesday morning and the Trevino's left Tuesday night and Spencer leaves Wednesday afternoon. We had SO MUCH FUN.
We love you fam! Thanks for all you do for us! We miss you already.
XOXOXO
XOXOXO





















5 comments:
What a fun family you have! Looks like a perfect family vacation! So glad you guys got to do this.
oh my gosh that looks like a good time. Everyone looks like they had a blast. I laughed out loud when I read that Atti had to tell Jay to stop talking. I love that little Jay and how he can talk for hours on end never taking a break.
I have been waiting to see how wonderful your trip had been! Love seeing all those smiles!
I haled my breath all weekend hoping hoping Atti was well enough for you to take your trip. YAYYYYY!!!!!!! I am beyond excited for you. And the stockyards for the birthday boy!!! Love it. Oh you guys had a BALL!!!!!! Hooray for memories!!!! xoxox
uh that was held my breath :)
Post a Comment