Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter

The Easter Bunny came and left these...
 
Atticus "opened" every one's basket for them! Telling us what we got!


Mr. Easter Bunny...


Atticus was very happy with the race cars the Easter Bunny picked out!
AND the Reece's Peanut Butter cups!
 
Happy Easter boys! I love you.
 

The Easter Egg Hunt is on...

 

Darth Vader egg..
 

Good job Chunk! You found one!
 
 
 
 

Chunk didn't need to go on any hunt. He had a delivery service!
 

"Ohhh!"
 

Double fisitn' it!
 

I think it's safe to say he hit the jack pot!
 


I have amazing friends. I got so many text messages while in San Antonio asking what they could do to help me get ready for Easter. I however was not that great a friends and was horrible at responding. THANK YOU sweet sweet friends for all of your sweet sweet offers. They offered to get the kids baskets ready, bring us dinner, have us over for dinner... I'm really lucky. My sweet friend Tori had the kids Easter totally ready for me and hidden in my closet. It was such a stress relief. Thanks Tori! xoxo

We have 9am church so we had to bust it out to get there on time! Thankfully I ironed all our clothes and packed the church bag the night before so we actually made it. 

Easter is such a great opportunity to reflect on how grateful we are for eternal families and life after death. For our ability to have glorified bodies in heaven. There were amazing speakers and musical numbers in church to which I am grateful for. Even though tears came. I fought them. But they came. I am so grateful for the knowledge we have. So grateful that I will ALWAYS be Atticus' mommy. Just heartbroken that we have to experience the death part so soon. I love him so much it hurts. I am just so proud of my little hero. I am so incredibly grateful for a Savior and Heavenly plan that allows me the comfort of knowing, Atticus will always be mine and that I will live with him again. I know without a doubt that the Lord is aware of our family. He loves our family. He is giving strength and courage to each one of us but especially Atticus. He is carrying us when we feel we can't go on. I know, I know, with a burning in my heart that the Lord loves my Atticus  so much and has a special mission in store for him. I know he loves me because he gave me him. Here I go crying again... It's been an emotional Easter.


Easter Dinner with the Fish fam...
The Fish family is our "Texas family." Leah is my Texas sister. We are adopted Aunts and Uncles to one another's kids. It was great to spend the afternoon with them. The kids have SO much fun together.
Clair... far left mad a scavenger hunt for Atticus. She made the clues all by herself!


 

The prize: a darling crate made by Auntie Leah filled with awesome goodies.
The favorite though: hatching Dino egg!

Auntie Leah and Chunk... 
I'm pretty sure chunk weighs more than her :) 
 
After a yummy dinner which was missing deviled eggs because I forgot to bring them...
the kids were ready for the Easter Egg Hunt.
 
 
 
 

Checking out the goods...
 
Isaac was a sneaky little guy and quietly en haled as many chocolate treats as possible!
 
There was a handful of half eaten, wrapper bit through treats!
And a VERY mad baby when we discovered him.
 

My Texas Sister
 

This was the sweetest thing... Eric was making up silly and disgusting stories and had the kids busting up. Why is it that for kids, the grosser the better?
 

We ended the night with a dance party a few funny you tube videos and many "When are we going to see each other next?" We really do have so much fun together. It was an absolutely perfect and relaxing Easter. Jammies, family, food, and fun! Thanks Fish fam. We love you!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Love the stories Eric was telling the girls. They starting telling me them the next day and added that it was during law school. The gorilla story was retold to a few years ago. I was busting up and had to set them straight. I loved the bone from the ham. The girls were going the whole night about who would break the bone and get a wish. Eric is such a goof!

We were ecstatic to spend Easter with you. Honestly, truly a wonderful gift for us. I am so grateful for our Texas family. Love love love you all. Like gobs and gobs.

I am so grateful for the knowledge and conviction you have of Christ and of His gospel because it will carry you through all of this. The Savior and your testimony in Him and the plan of salvation is what will keep you going, as it already has. I love you. SO much!!!! xoxo

Lisa said...

The picture with Chunk having opened an egg and has chocolate on his face...MUST BE A GREETING CARD!! Your friend looks so familiar, but I can't quite place her. My daughter goes to your church....so I'll have to ask her.

1tiredmama said...

Looks like it was a great day! And I can't take all the credit for the Easter stuff! Jene was a big part of that too! We love you guys and would do anything for you! Xoxo!!

Angie said...

Loved this post. I am teary right along with you! You have a beautiful testimony and an amazing ability to express your feelings.

So happy you were able to spend Easter with Leah... but I would be lying if I didn't admit I was jealous! I miss her so much! I miss her girls. I adore them. I miss Zeb's smart little comments. I am so glad you have eachother as Texas sisters though! Leah needs a sister there. Thank you.

I laughed out loud when you said you were pretty sure Chunk weighed more than Leah! True story. Try being just 2 years old and never being able to share clothes! :)

Also, I have felt really dumb since my last comment. I said it was lovely to read your feelings. I realize that this situation is anything BUT lovely. But your heart and tenderness and willingness to recognize the miracles that are happening IS lovely. Just wanted to add my own clarification!!

Love you, Cindy. And Atticus and your whole family.

xoxo
Ang

jq said...

Your testimony strengthens me. You continue to amaze me with your strength, courage, faith, and positive outlook. I love being around you and am lifted up everytime I get to see you or read your posts. I am so happy you had a perfect and relaxing Easter! Love you so very much:)