Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Atticus...

December 17, 2007 at 1:11pm I gave birth to a 7 lb 8 oz. 20.5'' head full of hair baby boy. Four years ago were given our Atti-bug. Yes the first 3 months were super duper hard but we wouldn't change a thing. Who knew babies could make you so much stronger, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. Today my Atti-bug is 4 years old. FOUR!! It has been the best and hardest four years of our lives. I can't help but smile and shake my head when I think of him. He is something else. I can honestly say that I have NEVER met anyone like him! He is so witty, smart, athletic, stubborn, sweet, and often too smart for his own good. I love him. So much. It really seems like yesterday we were bringing Atticus home from the hospital. All three of us have changed and grown so much! A new daddy who never new he had such a tender side. A narotic new mother now "seasoned." A tiny, head full of hair baby, now a strong happy four year old. NOTHING can describe the intense love.. happiness.. and emotional experience giving birth to a baby is. It is amazing. Breathtaking. So overwhelming with love it brings tears to your eyes thinking about. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who not only allows us to be mothers but allowed me to be Atticus' mother. My first. We will always have a special relationship because of that.

Buds right away...

The happy mom... Sweet sweet baby Here are a "few" of my favorite pictures over the last 4 years... (yes it really is his hair, and yes it dried that way. totally out of control!) Happy Birthday sweet boy! We love you... XOXOXO Love, Dad Mom and Chunk

1 comment:

jq said...

I love this post and all these pictures! I didn't realize he had so much hair when he was a baby:)