Saturday, May 28, 2011

Isaac had his lab work done on Thursday. After two failed sticks, one blown vein, one butterly with not enough blood, they had to get the rest of what they needed from his scalp. So basically, Isaac screamed for more than an hour. Words cannot describe how a mother's heart breaks when their babies are hurting. It broke my heart and couldn't help but cry too. As soon as I was able to pick Isaac up he was instantly asleep in my arms. Im sure the phlebotomist was like "Lady! Leave!" but I couldn't do anything but rock my sleeping baby and cry. I am so grateful that his deficiency is as minor as it is. That although we'll have to do the rotten blood draws every 3 months... it could be a whole lot worse. We're really blessed. On a happier note... Isaac has officially laughed. He frequently gives us little tiny laughs but gave us one official big laugh the other day and it was awesome! He has a deeper voice then Atticus did and its ADORABLE. He seriously is the happiest kid. FATHER SON CAMP OUT... Atticus was beyond excited. We spent the day getting everything ready: marshmallows-check. flashlights-check. sunscreen- check. oreos- double check (this kids loooves oreo's). He was so excited that he made up a song... "Wahoo! Im going on a hike-out a hike-out. Lots of people will come and it will be fun. Then more people will come. And it will be more fun. And Bishop Warren is my uncle. Yahoo! Hike out!" Anxiously waiting for dad to grab a few last minute items. Car loaded and ready to head out! They camped at member's property in McKinney and had THE BEST time. Although no mountains... Texas really is so beautiful! Eric sent me a text once they had been there a bit and said, "This place is pretty cool. Atti is having a ball!" Atticus was very excited to shoot a bow and arrow and got to check out a lot of new bugs. Eric said that after Atticus explored every square inch of their tent he finally fell asleep around 11:15pm and woke up bright and early at 5:30am ready to start their day! Atticus informed me that he loved the breakfast sausages but did not like the eggs! Hooray for daddy son bonding time! It was a BIG SUCCESS! Thanks for the pics Rob! What this GOOFY kid has been saying... 1. Mom I don't like bedtime. I only like summer! 2. I overheard him talking to Isaac in his baby voice, "Ikey can you say Atticus? Say Atticus?" (i love it when he talks to Isaac in baby talk) 3. A: Mom, can we play baseball...But don't throw them high. Just medium. Cause look (arms waving at his body)... Im not big like you. Me: (pulling him on my lap)I'll be sad when your big like me. A: But guess what? I'll still be Atticus. I'll never have another name. I'll just be your family forever. Me: (teared up and gave him a big fat kiss) 4. Mom! There is totally a potato bug in our house! 5. Mom... I just need a chocolate hot steamer. 6. Tonight while saying his bedtime prayer he asked Heavenly Father to "please send him to Nephi's land so he could help battle with strong power bands!"

1 comment:

Stamp With Linz said...

I totally hear ya on the blood being drawn. When the ER docs did a spinal tap on Lucy, Todd and I were a complete mess. One of the worst moments of my life.

Atticus sure is full of personality, I love reading about his antics. :)

xoxo