Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Atticus has something to say...

He's going to be a BIG BROTHER! That's right! We're having a BABY and are SO SO SO excited.
The baby is due around February 22 but we hope he or she comes on the 23rd to share their birthday with Grandpa Hansen. I have been super nauseous and super tired which means I have been super un-productive. But that's part of the game right?!

Somewhere along the lines Atticus got in his head that HE has a brother in his tummy and I have a baby sister in mine. He is very good to his growing brother.

Here are a few "brother" comments... 1. "Mom. There's a brother in my tummy." He looks at me, looks at his tummy, then says, "Hi brother. When you grow big in my tummy come out!" 2. While eating or drinking anything says, "Mom, this is so good for my brother" or "Mom, this is not good for my brother." 3. While putting him in his crib for naptime... "Mom, Santa is bringing me a big boy bed to sleep in and my brother will sleep in my crib." (melt my heart... he wants to share!) 4. Atticus: "Mom. I just want a little puppy."Me: Mmm. Probably not bud. We're having a little baby. Atticus: "Mom. I just want a little puppy WITH my brother." (How's that for sabotage. He's on a big puppy kick right now which will NEVER happen)
Oh! And...

He really hopes his brother will make this face when he comes out!

(I laughed so hard when he told me that!)

So Baby... it is in your best interest to be a boy and it would really make your brother happy if you came out making the above face. For my sake baby, whether boy or girl... just come out healthy and stop making me sick! And if it's not too much to ask, can you sleep a little better than your brother did?

...Family of Four here we come...

15 comments:

Rachel White said...

Congratulations! How exciting! {If it's a girl, I hope she has Atticus' hair!}

Sammy said...

Cindy you sneaky woman! Had I only known when I was promising you an easy baby that it was SOON! CONGRATS!! So excited for you!

Becky H said...

congrats. the pictures are cute!

Chris and Michelle said...

YAY! We don't care if it's a boy or a girl -- we just want cousins over here!

Moore Fun Stories said...

Congratulations!!

Jake and Nicole said...

Congrats! You know I had a feeling you were pregnant when we were at the splash park. Not sure why! Maybe it's the pregnant "glow" every one talks about!!! So happy for yall!

We Joneses said...

Oh, hooray! Congratulations!! I hope you're feeling okay. I've sure been thinking about you and wondering how everything's going.

Christian and Melissa said...

Yay!! Congrats!

Leah said...

YAY!!!!! Congrats, you guys!!!! We are so so so so excited for you. Atticus will be one adorable bog bro!
Love you guys!

Stacie Trevino said...

Cindy Atticus will be such an adorable big brother to the brother and sister in each of your tummies! As soon as you find out what you are having you will have to get a little doll for him to practice. Jay loved that. And I know pregnancy is hard but this is a straight nine months where you don't have to suck in so live it up!!! Love you!

Stamp With Linz said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you!!! xoxo

Janadt.Huggins said...

Cindy, that is fantastic!!! Congratulations. You will be awesome. Remember you can always call me and cry during those first few months. You know I understand :)

Stef said...

Congrats Cind! So sorry you are sick. That is not fun, but worth it in the end!!!

EmmaTheJane said...

Hooray... and good luck. ;)

wurtz said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful news.