We made it! Saturday January 2nd at 7pm we started our 21 hour drive back to Texas. The drive went GREAT. Atticus was GREAT. The weather was GREAT. Our our apartment, NOT great. Here's the story... We got to Rockwall, TX, Sunday around 6pm and stayed the night with the Fish family (thank you). Woke up Monday morning and Eric and I headed down to Waco to load our storage unit in the Penske truck. Once loaded we hit the road to see our new apartment.... little did I know that this apartment (yes we did everything online. BIG mistake) would put me and my family closer to death than I felt comfortable with. It was awful. Totally ghetto. Eric and I were in one apartment while the leasing agent was getting keys to another and I looked at him, teared up and said, "If Atticus and I are dead when you get home from work, know we love you." On our way to see a 2nd floor apartment, we saw a group of serious looking thugs fighting and that's when Eric and I decided we are getting the heck out of this place and they can keep their ridiculous deposit. I am soooo glad I refused to sign the lease until we saw the place. So there we were our car loaded to the brim our moving truck busting at the seems and costing us $160 a day with no place to go. The frantic search was on. All I can say is, I am so SO grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We contacted a Bishop who called a few members in the ward. The EQ Pres. wife called me and gave me a few numbers of young families in the ward. The Lord works in mysterious ways. After talking to 4 or so girls in the ward we found a place that we LOVE. Its a 3 bedroom town home in an apartment community and close to Eric's firm. The EQ rounded up 6 guys to help move us and and 2 of the girls I spoke with showed up to meet us and brought treats! I love our church and its support system. Those families made me want to be a better member and serve more. Especially to new move In's. We later found out that and associate at Locke Lord Bissell and Liddell (Eric's firm) is in our ward!! And two ward member's live in our complex. One with a little boy! They has us over for dinner with a few other couples and everyone: hubbies wives and kiddo's got along great!! So although we had a couple rough and stressful days, I wouldn't change it for the world. I am so excited about our new home and our new life. We are REAL people with a REAL job, REAL insurance and a REAL income. We are going to love Dallas. **Eric started work Monday. After 8 years working towards the same goal... Eric left our house an attorney at law. He was beaming I was beaming and Atticus was oblivious :). His office is on the 18th floor with a great view!Watch out legal world... Eric Hansen has arrived! Go get 'em babe!!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow, what a crazy few days! Welcome back to TX!
So jealous!! You get to be a REAL person. It seems like something tha will never really come. I'm so glad you found someone SAFE to live. It is so important to feel at home where you're living...especially so far away from your family! :)
I get the warm fuzzies just knowing you're back in Texas! What a wild ride though, I'm glad you have a great ward to help you out.
We are so excited for you guys and your new experiences as REAL people!!
Well that was an emotional post! you would have heard me gasp and sigh in all the right places. I'm proud of you guys & I'm especially happy it all worked out. xoxo
YAY! I'm so happy for you that it all worked out for the best and that you are in a place that you LOVE and most importantly that you feel SAFE!
Congrats to Eric on starting his new job yesterday! What an incredible feeling after 8 years of such hard work and sacrifice to finally have it all pay off! We can definitely attest that it's all so worth it. We sure miss you but we're excited for you too! :)
Can't wait to see some pics of your new place!
Welcome back. :) I hope you enjoy Dallas.
I am so glad that things worked out! It is amazing how the Lord watches out for us through others! Congrats on the real job that is so exciting!
Hey! I couldn't help but check your blog right away. I'm so glad you moved into our complex and that you feel good about it. We're going to have a great time!!
You gotta love a good story! I am so happy you are in and that this place is SAFE! Phew! ;)
Glad you are back in Texas and for the record, we loved spending time with you. You held yourself together like a champ with all your belongings in a trailer and no place to go!
Love ya
Post a Comment