Sunday, October 18, 2009

Update...

....with no pictures, but they will come. Sorry. We have had a pretty crazy couple of weeks. Eric got back from his trip on October 8th and three days later we left for Texas .... not in the plans. Eric got an email from the firm (we officially start January 11th in Dallas, TX) offering some "temp" work. A couple weeks earlier we found out that Atticus has an Inguinal Hernia. So with Atticus still having TX Medicaid and Eric's temp work offer we loaded up the car and headed south for a very long long drive. Thanks to AMAZING friends, we all have a roof over our head. Eric stays in Dallas during the week with a buddy and Atticus and I are staying with the Workman family in Waco. Although hard to be away from Eric, we live it up on the weekends. Chad, Taylor, Eric, and I play games, watch movies, talk, and eat to no end every single night and are loving it. What a great three years we had here. What an amazing ward we lived in. What great friends we made. It is so good to see everyone again. Update on Atticus... Inguinal Hernia? What the heck? How on earth does a 22 mo. old get a hernia you ask... the answer... "A child of his age gets a hernia during development in utero. As his 'parts' moved to the correct location, his pathway did not close up properly" - Dr. Cahoon. We have been so blessed through this entire process. We got to Waco Saturday afternoon and on Tuesday we saw his Pediatrician, the specialist, and got the ultrasound done. The great news, we got in to see each dr. on the very same day... the bad news, is that his hernia is filling with bowel which makes it a little more serious. Surgery is scheduled for October 27th at 7am at Providence Hospital. It will take a little over an hour and we should be able go home that same day. As far as recovery, they said the hardest part will be trying to keep him from "swinging from trees." My poor little guy. He's had a rough go of it and like always, is a trooper. Nothing and I mean nothing hurts more than seeing your child hurt. I will admit that when I pre-registered him for the surgery I teared up listening to the specifics of surgery. Then got in the car and bawled. Im just so grateful it's going to over with in a couple weeks. So we are all over the place... the majority of our belongings in storage. A portion at the in-laws, a portion in Waco, a portion in Dallas; it's absolutely cRaZy. What's even crazier is that we really have no idea when we are heading back to Utah. Never a dull moment! never!!

6 comments:

Christian and Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, Cindy! I'm so sorry to hear about Atticus. It makes me a little nervous because Anders also has a hernia. His doctors have watched it over the years. To me, it doesn't look like it's going away, but they never sound too worried about it. He's now 3 and we will find out at his appointment this week, I guess. Good luck! I hope it is quick both in surgery and in recovery!

Marci said...

good luck!! there is nothing worse than watching your little one being hauled into the or. bring extra tissues and something to keep your mind off of it. I brought joke books when my little one had to go in. I hope all is going well and good luck with the drive. that is not a fun one!

Stamp With Linz said...

Thinking of you! And glad you're here! :)

Chris and Michelle said...

I am so sorry that poor Atticus (and you and Eric!) has to go through this! We will be praying that all goes well with the surgery. Meanwhile hang in there and know we're thinking of you guys! We're glad you're being taken care of there in Texas... we miss you though! :)

EmmaTheJane said...

Well we're just glad to have you here for a little bit longer!

wurtz said...

Poor little guy! I hope all went well. Hernia's are no fun. I had an inquinal hernia as well but didn't have surgery to repair it until my early 30's. OUCH! I'm wishing him a quick recovery!