Wednesday, April 9, 2008

- snip - snip - snip -


After looking at this picture, I decided that the time has come. Atticus needed a hair cut... He practically has wings with all that hair. Eric strictly forbid me from cutting the "tail" aka "mullet" but was ok with me trimming around his ears. I was really nervous. Scissors that close to my little guy's ears made me nervous, but I had to do it. He was starting to look a little scraggily. So I got out a pair of scissors and went for it.

He obviously DID NOT enjoy the process. I tried to be as fast as I could without butchering the job. It broke my heart to have him so upset.


Atticus: "Mom, if you even think about getting those scissors near me again I'll pop you one!"


I seriously think he was putting his fists up for protection!

Looking very handsome with his trimmed up ears! I have to admit I was a little sad once the job was finished. He looks so much older to me!

I forgot to post a picture of ALL the HAIR that came from just around his ears. Honestly, the kid has as more hair than I do!

Don't look too close... its not perfect but it will do!

12 comments:

Adam and Bri VanSleeuwen said...

Good job at the haircut! It looks fabulous! Atticus has already forgot what you did to him :) I bet it's so sad to see all his hair go. I remember when we cut Brody's and it was a sad day but good one too might I add.

wurtz said...

They always do look so much older when they get their first trim/cut. It's like they go from baby to boy or sometimes even "little man". ;) From the looks of it you did a great job. He's so cute!

Rachel White said...

The first haircut is the hardest . . . of course most of us don't have to go through it until our boys are a year old. :)

If you g private, can I be added to your reader list?

p.s. If you're just doing a little trim -- try it while he's sleeping.

Nicole -Berrett Photography said...

Wow, I am impressed, he looks so handsome! Lucky little man to have so much hair!! Jade still hasn't ever got his hair cut!!!

Lindsey said...

Good job Cindy. Reagan says she digs Atti's new do.

Leah said...

Wow chica! You did a great job. you are right, he DOES look older.
Interesting.
He is too cute. Love the new do!

Watts Family said...

So cute! I know it can be hard to trim hair when they're that little. Popcorn needed a trim at 3 months and I was so afraid she was going to jerk and I would stab her eye. Good job!

Steph said...

hee hee! I love this! He is SO dang cute, and looks just a tiny bit older with his new do

Chris and Michelle said...

We think you look handsome, Atticus!

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

Hope you saved some of that hair!!! I like Rachels idea....do it while he's sleeping!

Kim said...

Hey, I'm Marissa's mom. I'm glad she has a new friend. I hope you will be able It is always hard to start over in a new place.

Great job on the hair cut.

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

I'm impressed with your scissor skills. He looks like a little man, very cute. So...I never see you at church anymore. We seriously should get together.