I have procrastinated doing this... but here it is. In no particular order: 1- I have never, ever been on a sports team. Not even with the YW growing up. It's how I keep my girlish figure :) 2- When I was little (1st or 2nd grade) I couldn't say my "R"s. I came home from school and told my mom... "Mom, I am so lucky. I don't know why, but every afternoon I get to go to a special class and play games and get treats! They pick me over all the other kids!" Little did I know that the "special" class was Resource! The unfortunate thing is my maiden name is Romera... think "W"omera! Eric thinks its hilarious and always tells me that I am "weally" "weally" special! 3- I started playing the piano when I was 8 and love to play. It's my stress release. BUT... I someday would LOVE to learn how to play the Cello. I absolutely love the deep rich sound. 4- I am an extreme morning person. It doesn't matter how late I stay up my internal alarm clock will wake me up between 5-6am. I'll toss and turn until about 7 or so then get up. So, late nights are out of the question for me! Eric is the complete opposite. He is a total night-owl. Which is actually in his favor- he always gets to pick the movie and I get to snuggle up close, because we both know I'll be sound asleep within 10 min. 5- This ones a shocker! Eric and I met on LDS Promise (the one set up by the BYU Professor). Yep, we met online! I know what your thinking, "They are both such incredibly good looking people. Why on earth would they need to go that route!" JUST KIDDING! Long story short. Eric's mom begged him and he finally got sick of people asking him about it (he was never big into the dating scene) and me, well I was living with 2 amazing women in which one's husband had recently left her and my Biship asked us to all sign up to meet some good men. I was dating someone at the time (looser) & we broke up shortly after. Eric was the only "profile" I looked at. What caught my eye was his red hair and his answer to the most influential people in his life: Christ, Grandpa Lonczyna, & his mom. When you know, you know. I loved Eric the second I met him! 6- I paid our first date! Here's the story. For our fist date Eric helped me paint my bedroom (I had just moved back in with my mom- couldn't afford rent, nursing school, and a broken down car). So after a few trips to home depot and a lot of painting we worked up an appetite. The restaraunt we decided on, "El Matador" was not set up for credit cards- but if you weren't from Bountful, UT you wouldn't know. So we get up to pay and all he has is a Discover card. He was SO embarrassed. So I pulled out some cash laughing as he said, "Don't tell my mom!"
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I laughed so hard about your story and going to resource. I also went to...well we called it speech....it sounded better. I had speech right after lunch and my teacher always had food in her teeth. The good times of not knowing how to say our r's.
I too am a speech graduate. "R"s were hard for me also. Sometimes when I'm talking too fast and not thinking, I'll slip up...Tom thinks it's hilarious. Yet another special bond.
ummm, I just noticed that it says my comment was from Tom. It's not. It's from me Emily. You and I have a special bond, not you and tom!
These were so fun to read! Thanks for posting them. I'm seriously too boring to think of 6 interesting things about myself...hmm...maybe someday I'll do it.
I love it! I didn't know you met online, very interesting. Great story about your first date too. Thanks for sharing!
I loved reading that! Thanks for posting it! :)
I didn't know you couldn't say your "r's" Neither can hallie, well obviously!
I didn't know you had never done sports either. I love hearing new things about you! Thanks!
Post a Comment