Monday, August 17, 2015

End of July and August

July 17th
Chalk Paint and Imagine Dragons


July 19th
Cherry Moguls



July 21st
Dentist and Pudding Paint

Poor Isaac. He has terrible teeth. I promise we brush. He had a ton of cavities that needed to be filled and one crown in the back needed. I totally cried in the dental office. Those of you who know Isaac well, know that he is, how should I put this, an extreme child. Whatever emotion he is having it's to the max. Our visit to the dentist did NOT go well, he was kicking and screaming and wouldn't even let them count his teeth. We finally got done what the dentist needed and made an appointment, anesthesiologist needed of course, ugh, for July 21st...
It was very emotional. Isaac was a nervous wreck and was totally wigging out. He had to sit on Eric's lap, facing him hugging himself while Eric hugged him and then the anesthesiologist gave him a shot in the booty to relax him (make him loopy). And that's when both Eric and I were hit with emotion. Seeing Isaac SO upset, loose his ability to control his body, especially his head and neck, then to see his eyes get "googly" brought back A LOT of emotions and heartache for our sweet Atticus and heartache for our sweet Isaac. Eric needed to step out so I took over. The medication injected was, according to the anesthesiologist to work within 5 minutest. After 15 minutest Isaac was STILL fighting it and would not relax or calm down. She was amazed at his will power. I was exhausted by it. They finally got him to at least calm down enough to let me pass him off to her, where I then got to hear him screaming and yelling while they did X-rays. A totally of 40 minutes later he was calm and they were able to start his IV and get to work. And THAT is when I broke down. I burst in to tears and cried for a good 20 minutes. Dr. Shields staff was so sweet and understanding. I look down the road we traveled and can't believe we made it to the other side. People will sometimes tell us, "you are so strong." All I can say is, you do what you have to do, but I tell you this, I couldn't do it again. It would kill me. I say that but we all know, "You do what you have to do" but seriously I'm knocking on wood. 

We were there at 7:15am and finally got to go home at 10:30am. Bless Isaac's heart. I obviously couldn't go back there with him but checked on him many times; as you can imagine. He was starting to wake up so they came and grabbed me. He had wet his pants, thankfully I brought others, but as I held him and rocked him as he was delirious and terrified, he wet them again, so we were both soaked. After 15-20 minutes they felt comfortable enough to let me take him home.

It took him a very long time to actually fully wake up from sedation and it couldn't have come soon enough for me. He kept trying to walk but was very wobbly and weak, another huge reminder of Atticus. I finally had to play "mean mom" and told him he could NOT get out of the bed until after Isabel's nap time. He drank smoothies. Said crazy stuff. Slept. And wanted me to snuggle him.

He went through 5 smoothies!

Once the sedative was totally out of his system he was back to his normal self (they you Tylenol with codeine for doing your job) so we decided to make some pudding paint for a fun activity! He was giving Isabel a taste of the almost finished product!

We spelled names, did cool designs and ate!

Isabel didn't really like it....

Like, not one teeny tiny bit :)

July 22nd
Summer in ward (congregation) is a ghost town. Everyone heads for vacation. Many of which head to Utah! So it had been 6 weeks since we had seen our friends. 
It felt good to be back together again!

July 24th
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY 
and Grandpa Jim!!!
Lame place for decorations but I wanted him to see them first thing in the morning while he got ready for work! The kids and I got him a keyboard thingy for his iPad.

We had some extra kiddo's that morning so we played, made daddy birthday chocolate chocolate chip cookies, bought some balloons and surprised him at work. They were so excited!

I love Isaac's face-- he was super excited to surprise daddy!

July 25th
A "Biker" and a "mommy" what more could I want?!

Notice where she put all her Little People Princesses! 
She takes them on walks!

Helping mommy make a chocolate pie!

Princess Isabel

* She LOVES to dress up. Especially with Reagan.
* She loves jewelry
* She love love LOVES her Fisher Price "Little People Castle" and plays with it all day
* Whether read to or looking at the pics on her own. She loves books.
* She loves milk
* She loves her momma
* She is getting sassy and starting to throw tantrums :( and hitting Isaac - she definitely holds her own with him and will scream if he dares take one of her princesses.
* She is a talker... lots of jibber-jabber and lots of words.
- Mere momma! Mere (come here)
- I love you (love said in a higher pitch than the other words"
- "Mon! I'll show ya!" (come on... I'll show ya)
- Sings: A lot of primary songs, nursery rhymes, frozen, radioactive (its the cutest thing to watch the gasp part at the "breathing in the chemicals part!" Both she and Isaac dramatically gasp. Her favorites are "Ring around the Rosie" and "Rock-a-bye- baby."
* She LOVES her babies. I love to watch her and listen to her talk to them, "All done baby? (feeding the baby a bottle). She will rock them saying, "Sh Sh Sh!"
* She is FINALLY in a size 4 shoe!! She's actually growing!
* She is a snuggle bug
* Loves to brush and "floss" her teeth
* She loves bubbles... meaning she loves to dump them out. She now gets water in her bubble jar
* Loves her purse and frequently brings it with us
* I will sing a silly song I made up, "Ballerina. Ballerina. Point your toes toes toes," and she will put her arms up like a ballerina twirling around and attempts pointing her toes!
* Like to play battle with brother, watching her with a sword is hilarious. And not just because they are usually bigger than her.

Magic wands...

She wanted Isaac to put on the Aurora costume!

Ninja training. 

July 28th- 
Forney Splash Park



July 29th
Baby Love

She's got her purse. Her cell. And her baby. She's ready to roll!

July 31st
Fisher Price Little People LOVE
It is by far one of her favorite toys

She sets them up around the table all by herself.

August 1st
A visit with Mrs. Cherry and Daisy Dog

Snuggled up watching a show!

We decided to to secret acts of service for daddy (works been pretty busy) and thanks so Thuy, daddy's awesome secretary, we were able to keep the secret up Monday-Thursday!! He got a little something each day!

August 2nd
It's SUPER MAN...

Oh wait, its just teeny tiny Isabel!

August 3rd
Isaac got $5 from Great Grandma Loncyna during our trip to Utah (a late bday card). The card had an ice cream cone on it so he said, "MOM!!! We HAVE to get ice cream... it came in an ice cream card.
So off to Sweet Frog we went!

 August 4th 
JUMP U
The girls were dancing and being silly. Isabel had them following her all around the place.


The were running then pretending to be dogs... see below!


August 5th
Taking Isaac to SPY CAMP
He had his bag, she so of course needed hers! Plus a hat a gloves... this girl. It's like 102 here.

Secret Agent Batman

"BAD GUYS"


August 6th
Pony ride at Shay's house!

August 7th
It is BLAZING hot here and poor Isabel sweats so bad so quickly. It was the first time I tried pigtails in her hair... messy but suuuuper cute! She kept feeling her hair and would smile!


August 8th
I took an official "Day Off."
Started my morning at the Dallas LDS Temple (8am)

I Got a message. Ran a couple errands. Met Leslie for lunch. Got a pedi. Browsed Hobby Lobby for two hours (I seriously roamed every aisle!). Then  (try not to gag), I got myself a very late lunch a Taco Bell- I am 7 months pregnant people, don't judge, and read my book for an hour then headed home to these two cute kids and an awesome husband who kept things under control while I was gone!

I love that Eric did Isabel's hair- He later told me how hard it is and that he had NO idea what he was doing! It looked awesome honey. Good job! Daddy of course spoiled them. They went to McDonald's for lunch. Saw a movie. Napped. Then went swimming!

August 10th
Every summer I have big plans to do "school" with the kids, and every summer I start waaaay to late, if I start at all, BUT... I've done pretty good since we have been back from our Utah trip. Isaac traces over his name, his "worksheet" then writes it on his own, then he randomly picks 5 flash cards from the Alphabet and he tells me the letter and it's sound. We aren't perfect, but we've done pretty good.

Isabel likes to do her homework too!

Was dealing with insurance crap forced me to come across this terrible document.Still so surreal. I guess it always will be. I shed a few tears. Took a deep breath and went about my business. "Time heals all wounds" is crap. But what it does do, is reduce the "intense moments" allowing you to recover quicker. I love you sweet heart. I miss you every second of every day. I'm so grateful for our eternal family and the knowledge that you are our forever and ever and ever. xo

August 12th
Isabel LOVES stickers.


August 14th
Swimming at the Grady's Oasis. Isabel did not like the puddle jumper at first but over the last two weeks she decided she loves it and loves being independent in the water.

We braved the heat (it was 96) and went to the park. It was no surprise that we were the only ones there!

Thanks to a well equipped van, I had plastic spoons so the kids could dig for treasure.

August 15th
Urban Air... Isaac LOVES the trampoline BB!

August 16th
She is by FAR my messiest eater. Like puts the boys to shame. It drives me crazy. When she's done eating she just starts chucking everything on the floor, and the second she sees me look over, start walking towards her, telling her no, she starts doing it as fast as she can. She had dumped her cereal bowl and was starting to throw the soggy stuff, then we make eye contact, and she says, no joke, "Ohhh nuts moms!!!" Like it was an accident ya little pill.


Ready for church! We are always late. Always. No matter how hard we try. SO... 3 weeks ago when we were so late it wasn't even worth going, we made a family commitment to be on time for church and I am proud to report that we have been on time 2x in a row!! Yay us.

Isabel got this darling dress from our sweet neighbor. It is size 18 months and she just now fits in it!

Sunday stroll in the beautiful cool weather. Cool meaning 96 degrees at 5pm.

Bike ride and throwing rocks in the pond.

August 17th
Perot Museum, three hours of fun!!

I love this sports lovin' boy!

Picking Flowers


Poor little thing just can't reach a darn thing.

THIS is a BIG deal... Isaac being outside without me!!

I have to chuckle at this picture... I looked at this little girl, who is obviously not mine, and thought, "Oh your poor mom... you've got sand all up you undies and such."

Then I look over and see THIS...

It was literally everywhere..

Both hard at work!

Isaac kept saying, "Sigh! I have a lot of work to do mom!!"

Isaac's favorite part to the museum is racing against your choice of: Cheetah, T-Rex, a prof. football or soccer player, Olympic runners... There is a countdown and a display that shows you your time and your opponents time. He did this for and hour. over and over and over!

Isabel, was happy learning about orthopedic surgery!!

2 comments:

jq said...

Love you and your adorable kiddos!

Kristin Milius said...

Poor Isaac and his dental visit. I have one kid with terrible teeth. Every dental visit brings a new cavity. My others never had a single one. I think some kids just have stronger teeth. Our dentist said just bc his baby teeth are week doesn't mean his adult teeth will be. Here's to hoping for super strong adult teeth! Sweet Isabelle is just the cutest. I love how cute you always have her hair!