Friday, December 20, 2013

busy.. busy.. busy...

Life goes on. Whether you want it to or not. Whether your heart hurts or not. So what choice do you have but to keep on keepin' on....

Isaac went to the dentist! And did GREAT!
He was a goof troop and hid with his snack in between the chairs while waiting.

His buddy went to the dentist a  little bit ago and had a rough experience so I had prepared myself for the worst, but he did so good. He let them do everything. Xray, cleaning, fluoride, you name it!

I love him and his kissy face!
He was so funny about the head rest. He really wanted his head to fit perfectly in its spot but kept sliding down.

I was seriously amazed.

Brushing the fishs' teeth!
GO ISAAC GO!

Love this little girl. She is soooo close to laughing. "Talks" up a storm and has the sweetest little voice. She is an awesome sleeper... The last 4 nights she has slept 7pm- 6am. No joke! She is bringing such joy into our home. I dont' remember this with the boys, but when she looks at me I feel so loved. It's almost like she is looking into my soul. I love it. I of course new the boys loved me but it's different. It absolutely melts my heart.

Thursday Dec. 12th
Pajama Day at school. Superman PJ's AND snack leader? It was a good day. I love that their backpacks are bigger than them!

His amazing teachers!

Baby Caleb was born! December 12th! I hefty 3 lbs 4 oz. He makes the other preemie's look puny! His a big boy!! Keep fighting baby Caleb! You're doing great.


Friday Dec. 13th
Friday night's Christmas party at the church. I didn't make it long but was proud of us for going... I really like her chubby cheekers!

Saturday Dec. 14th
Birthday party for Atticus. Thank you to all who came and donated a toy to "Atticus' Toy Chest."
Isaac was pretty fussy and clingy the entire party and...

Sunday Dec. 15th
He woke up with a little cold. We are going to Utah for Christmas so I  wanted the kids to wear their Christmas outfits on Sunday since we will be gone. Since Isaac felt crummy I didn't push him for more pictures than this... He looked so handsome. It is the exact outfit Atticus wore in 2011.....

And my sweet baby girl. When Isaac saw her he said, "Is Isabel a princess?!" I of course said yes and that HE was a handsome prince. To which he responded, "No! I'm a knight!"

Getting all dolled up is exhausting! It is really fun having a girl! Can you tell I adore her?

 Love them. A lot.

I played the piano in primary (church class for the kiddos) and had two little helpers!
It didn't last too long though. Isaac's tummy started acting up and I decided we better take him home. And good thing I did. The tummy bug settled in a caused vomit from both ends:(

Monday Dec. 16th
This happy face in the morning made a night of cleaning up vomit, not so bad, and looks an awful lot like big brother Atticus....

You know those times when the baby wakes up and your irritated about it because your just so tired? Then you lean over the crib to pick them up and feed them, and they smile? Well Isabel does that EVERY time. It makes getting up a whole heck of a lot easier. She smiles and my heart melts and I think, "Oh! I just love you. I don't mind waking up to feed you!" And then I kiss her face off!!

The last 4 nights when I have gone in to feed her, I find her like this. Sucking her thumb! The first time I saw it, I literally, out loud said, "Yesss!" Thumb suckers make great sleepers and I think it has played a big part in her sleeping 10 or more hours! Hallelujah!!


My sick beautiful boy! Who also, LOVES his thumb. That's 3 for 3 folks.

I love her crazy hair.

Poor Isaac. This stinkin' bug has taken forever to clear up. But we tried to rest and got some Christmas baking done! Don't worry people we washed our hands MANY times.

While Isaac was napping, Isabel and I had some girl talk. I love hearing her little coo's.

Isaac needed to get out so we decided to deliver some of the neighborhood Christmas treats.
We loaded the stroller and hit the road!

Isaac would run. Then wait. Run. Then wait.


Then saw this rock and said, "I need a break." As soon as his cute little booty touched the rock, he was ready to go again! He was so cute and excited. He wanted to be the one to hand the treats over!

Once the stroller basket was no longer filled with goodies, he decided he needed a ride!

....Atticus' Birthday....
Tuesday  December 17th
I was glad it was on a Tuesday, a preschool day for Isaac so Eric and I could have the morning to be together. But,  Isaac was still sick and had a horrible night. When I got him up in the morning and saw how yucky he felt I burst into tears. And as selfish as it sounds, I started worrying about how were we going to get the toys to Dr. Lenarsky's office? You can't bring a sick kiddo to and oncology office... I was bummed, tired from a rough night, and obviously emotional.  I brought Isaac in to our bed, snuggle up next to him, then Eric snuggled up to us (Isabel was still asleep) and we all had a good cry. 

Jene was amazing, and picked up Isabel. So we loaded Isaac in the car. Grabbed pink frosted donunts and chocolate milk for our birthday boy, and headed to the hospital. The plan was that Eric and Isaac would stay in the car.


Round One...

Round Two...

I cannot tell you how many times we walked down this hall. Thankfully it wasn't as emotional this year as it was last. Not to say I didn't cry, but I didn't totally meltdown and hypervenitlate. So that's good.

I love that the "Secret Room" is now "Atticus' Secret Room!"


His toys chest was almost empty... 

But not for long. It's VERY full now!!

Marianne. Sure love her. I have cried in her arms countless times. And today was no different. Amanda, another favorite RN, was with a patient.

After dropping the toys off, I headed up to the 6th floor where Dr. Lenarsky was doing rounds...

Another hallway that we spent waaaay too much time in.

Atticus' first hospital room. Our world was completely turned upside down in this room...
He looks so little. This sweet boy continues to amaze us from above.

Atticus' last hospital room...


So much changed in such a short 4 month time period.

After a quick hug and hello to Dr. Lenarsky, Kammie (another fav RN wasn't there). I went to the elevator to the car. Without even thinking, I pushed floor 4. The Oncology Office floor. And that put me in tears. For 4 1/2 months that was our routine. Radiation on the first floor. Oncology on the 4th. Hospital stays on the 6th. 

Once off the elevator and on ground level, I was greeted by this sight.... I fell into Eric's arms and the meltdown came. 
Isaac 2013

Because These picture instantly put me back to these picture. 

Atticus January 2012
I know EXACTLY when this was. It was the 4th night of our first hospital stay. Atticus had been on the steroids for 3 days and was walking a little bit better. It was 2 or 3 am and he couldn't sleep so we took him for a walk in the wagon and "played" in this area.


I hate it. It doesn't seem possible.


WE walked out of the hospital in silence. Got in the van and I cried again. Then we drove around  the Dallas Temple. Isaac fell asleep and  Jene was willing to keep Isabel for a bit longer, so I crawled in bed with Isaac and crashed. Eric had to go to work. 
Poor guy...

Again, I was selfish and even though Isaac didn't feel great, I needed to get out. I spent the morning and afternoon crying and needed to do something fun. So we went to see the movie Frozen. SO CUTE.

I promise he wasn't as miserable as he looks in this picture.

Isabel slept almost the entire time. Eric, Thankfully was able to meet us there. Just a bit late.

How some of our family members spent Atticus' birthday...
Mom. Jay. Charlie. Stacie. Spencer.
Pink donuts!!


Jenny and her fam, my mom and dad went to paint "Starry Night."

 


Eric's parents, Brett, Bethy-girl and Zachy-boy delivered this basket of food Christmas goodies and presents to a cancer family in need.

I think it's safe to say that I was born into an amazing family and married into an amazing family. Thank you for making the day special. We love you!

Wednesday Dec. 18th
So my awesome mom move to take Isaac to the movies didn't help with recovery. He again had a rough night and woke up Wednesday with another fever :(. But at least he was in better spirits. So we did a little painting then got him in a bubble bath in the sink, with a bowl of Captn' Crunch! I took him and Isabel to the Dr. today just to make sure everything is okay, especially with us traveling in two days, and all is well. Isaac's cold is on it's way out although poor Isabel has an eye infection. And now I'm sick. I teach my kids that, "Sharing is Caring." Except when it comes to illnesses. They can keep that to themselves.

According to Isaac:

- "It's gonna be slipperLY on the mountains!"
- He is obsessed with the movie The Grinch (Jim Carrey version, whom I'm not a fan of) and said, "I'll hit the grinch on the noggin of the head!"
- He is obsessed with the mini skateboards

Thursday Dec. 19th
Isaac's Preschool Christmas Program
Their class was first and although he did not smile... not once. He did mumble the words! Cutest little sheep you've ever seen!!



The second time the came in (for the finale) he was NOT happy and cried. 

And cried... 

Then came and sat on my lap!


Tears were long gone when it was time for the class party!!


This little thing had THREE HUGE blowout before the program even started. So the spare outfits were  dirtied and she had to go with just her jacket and a bare mid drift. Awesome!!

He class Christmas Tree!

It was a darling program and fun class party. We were really proud of him. I cried when Mrs. Cherry's class came out dressed as Shepherd's. My heart started beating so fast. All I could think about was my little Atticus Shepherd and how he was too shy to smile but sang and did the actions. And when I went up to say high before the performance he said "No mom. You have to sit down!" I'm still figuring out how to balance emotions. Excitement for one. Heartbroken for another.

Friday Dec. 20th
We head to Utah tomorow so Im running around like a crazy woman trying to get everything ready. It's a good thing I have good kids. They have been so patient. 

 Christmas here we come!

Oh! And this little sweet pea is 3 months old today!!


Brother was helping with the photo shoot!!



This AMAZING quilt was made by the one and only Elaine (the one who made Atticus' memory quilt).


And this one was of course made by Grandma Hansen!

1 comment:

Forshee Family said...

Want you to know I love you and wish you a very merry Christmas full of love and laughter felt from all your babies.