Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Think PINK

Baby #3 is a GIRL
Isabel to be exact!

And Atticus new she was coming. Before Isaac was decided upon, Eric and I sat down with Atticus and asked him if he wanted to be a big brother and if he wanted a baby brother or a baby sister. Without any hesitation he said, "A sister. And her name is Isabel." It was very matter of fact and pretty spiritual. Up to that point in Atticus' life he had never met an Isabel or heard the name Isabel. But he knew. He knew then just like he did 1.5 yrs later.

Two months before Atticus passed away, my friend Sammy came from out of state to visit. The last time we had seen her she was pregnant with her 4th child and 3rd baby girl. When Sammy got to the house I said, " Atticus, do you remember Sammy? Last time we saw her she had a baby in her tummy. She had a baby girl."

Those of you who knew Atticus well know his "matter of fact" personality. And in his "matter of fact voice," said, "I know. I have a sister too." Sammy looked at me a bit blindsided and I quickly assured her that I was NOT expecting nor did I plan on it any time soon, if ever.

The rest of that day is a bit of a blur, but my sweet friend Sammy has the day memorized and later told me the twice more that day, while it was just her and Atticus, he told her, "I have a sister" and "I have a sister too." She said the spirit was so strong that she knew the Heavenly veil was thin for my sweet Atticus. (I tear up every time I think about it).

Atticus knew she was coming. He knew before we did. And he is getting her ready for our earthly chaos.

This little girl already has a big piece of our hearts and just an intense bond with her older brother Atticus. 

* * * * *

Knowing that....

I was so SO sure the baby was a boy. Like went through the baby clothes sure. I had it set in my mind that, because everyone thought the baby was going to be "Isabel" Atticus was going to play a little trick and send us another brother forcing me to have more! 

I have always thought I would be the mom of all boys. I don't know why but I always have. Plus, at my ultrasound at 10 wks ( I had some bleeding issues which are now resolved) the tech said that she "thought she saw and 'extra' leg" but that the baby is still so small to not take it for fact." So that combined with my thinking that Atticus was going to play a trick on us made this baby GIRL's announcement such a shock.

The ultrasound tech (different from the previous one) asked again if we were sure we wanted to know the gender. Which we of course did. I was anxiously waiting for her to announce a baby BOY, my heart racing. 

Then she said... "I am 100% sure it's a GIRL!"

No joke, I flipped. Shot straight up from the bed and started happy screaming and kept yelling, "Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! Oh. My. Gosh!!!" I was SOO shocked. Like blown away. I could see Eric smiling from ear to ear. We hugged and then I cried. My sweet Atticus told me she would come and she did. Baby Isabel is coming. I was immediately filled with gratitude for my amazingly spiritual Atticus. My cheeks hurt from smiling so hard. 

Eric and I hugged again then I hugged the technician, Eric thinks I am probably her most dramatic response she's ever had! He's probably right! After I kind of calmed down :) I asked her if she was really sure and she said, "1,000%" then proceeded to show me why she was so sure and that HER gender was definitely NOT in question. And by golly, she's right. It's a GIRL!!!

We cannot wait to meet you baby Isabel! Give your big brother Atticus the biggest hug from us. We love you both and are so happy to be an eternal family!!

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Isabel - you are a very lucky girl! Your Mom and Dad are awesome, and your big brothers have trained them really, really well. Your family is much bigger than just the people who will live in your house - there are many, many people who can't wait to meet you, hug you, and love on you and your family. Do not kick Mom too much - she sometimes runs a little short on sleep and could use all she can get. Keep growing strong, Isabel. You have a great life waiting for you here, as Atticus has told you already. :)

Regan said...

Oh this is just beautiful. He knew and he is the first person to meet her. So divinely special.

Anonymous said...

So very very sweet!!! :)

JamieinOK said...

Congratulations from a mom of two small boys!!! I never can imagine having a girl! I am so happy for you and what a great story. Praying for a great pregnancy for you and Isabel.

Tiffani said...

Looooove this.

Anonymous said...

Iam soooo excited for the both of you!!!! And i truly believe that Atticus knew he had a little sister all along!! God bless your precious new little one on the way! Iam a mommy of three boys and i thought id NEVER have a little girl! My last are two twin identical girls! Girls are sooo much fun! You are in for a treat with all the cute tu-tu's and hair accesories! What great news!!!

Anonymous said...

What joyful news! Congratulations to all of you.

Camille said...

Oh this made me cry!! I am so happy for you. I had 2 boys and then a girl and she is our angel, just as little miss Isabel will be. I pray the very best for your sweet family. This is the best news of the day!!! Congratulations!

Kristy Longcore said...

YAY! SO very happy for you and the family, how exciting!

843andme said...

Such a gift! We are so happy for your family. You are all such an inspiration to us all and we may not know you personally, but you and your wonderful family are in our thoughts and prayers everyday! Enjoy your little girl when she arrives...I have three little boys and also thought I would be a mother to only little guys....but we were surprised and completely blesses with a little lady in February....it is so much fun! I am sure Atticus is so excited to share her with you! God Bless!
Love from Maine!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! My baby girl was quite a surprise to me also, as my husband's family does NOT have girls. She has been such a joy, as I know your Isabel will be.

Anonymous said...

Smiles and hugs from a follwer in Minnesota :)!!!

Meme said...

I was hoping you would have a girl and now that I read your story about Atticus and his sister I am even happier for you. You deserve all the happiness and joy coming your way.

Zoey said...

SO excited for you! Hope everything will go well for you!

CassideeT said...

Cindy...Congratulations! What an incredibly beautiful and touching story. It just made me cry! And I am so very excited for you to have a sweet baby girl!

Keltie said...

Baby girls are so FUN!!!! We have an Isabella so I love the name. I have a tonne of headbands my baby has outgrown that I have been looking for someone to pass them on to, if you would like them just e-mail me your address to dkmiller@shaw.ca and I will send them your way. Most of them are plain headbands that you can clip any flower or bow to, but I literally have them in every color.

www.logcabindreamer.org said...

I am so excited for all of you. Congratulations!!!!!!

Jocelyn said...

I had 2 boys then our little princess. I would have had it no other way. Oh man, she will be one spoiled little lady! Congratulations on pink!

Unknown said...

I also had two boys and then a girl. We never found out genders but I was certain #3 was also a boy. Delivery room surprise girl! She is way more high maintenance and keeps us all on our toes, and she is tons of fun. Poor thing, we called her baby Jack for 9 months. She is all Natalie though. Congrats on Isabel. I bet she is just as anxious to meet you as you are to meet her!

Lisa S. said...

Reading your blog always makes me smile and brings tears to my eyes. I am so thrilled for you and your family! Way to go, Atticus! :)

Puhlman said...

What a sweet tender moment from your Atticus. AND I love that they all have vowels at the beginning of their names. COOL. Good luck and congrats on baby girl. SO FUN.

Melissa Cheney said...

So, So, SO excited for you guys!!!! What a beautiful, divine story. "God is in the details of our lives." Couldn't be more true than in this story. I can imagine Isabel and Atticus up in heaven scheming right now--you're in for some crazy, amazing adventures with this sweet little princess!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

This is an AMAZING story, it gave me goosebumps. That is so cool that Atticus knew before anyone and what a blessing that you know he knew. I think your friend coming when she did was a divine appointment, God knew what was coming, as did Atticus. Wow! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys and I bet Atticus is just beaming.

Melissa Bitton said...

What a fantastic post! So excited for you to meet baby Isabel! What a sweet family you are!

Angie said...

Happy Happy Tears! SO happy for you. This is so dear to my heart.
hugs from Canada
ang

Leah said...

Love this story!!!!! Love the reaction you give. They are THE BEST!!!! I am beyond thrilled. I loved the back story and how sure Atticus was. Man I love that boy. What a special family you have, Cindy. Couldn't be more excited for baby Isabel to come!!!!!!