Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter

I read an article from the Ensign a church magazine, written by President Henry B. Eyring, First Counselor in the First Presidency, entitled "He is Risen." That article helped me put Easter in perspective and made a huge difference in how I felt. 

A few of my favorite things said were, "A testimony of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is a source of both hope and determination." Hope. Determination. Two things that I have clung to this past year. He later quotes, "Because Jesus Christ broke the bands of death, all of the children of Heavenly Father born into the world will be resurrected in a body that will never die.... it can take the sting away from the loss of a beloved family member and replace it with joyful anticipation and firm determination (of their reunion)."

Those two quotes made a huge difference in my personal perspective. Although my sting is still there, it  is softening. The joy I felt in reading those words brought so much peace and a reminder that Atticus is in a whole and healthy body. He is happy and cancer free. That as long as I live worthily, I too will be resurrected and will be reunited with him. How can you not feel the spirit in reading that. I will be with my son again. I don't know what I would do without that knowledge. I don't know how I would face each day. Although I don't fully understand the Atonement, I am so grateful for a loving Savior who died for me. For each of us. I am so grateful for the gift of the resurrection so grateful that my family is eternal. 
Easter 2013
Isaac was soo excited about the Easter bunny!
We filled Atticus' soccer Easter basket with his favorite Darth Vader, Spider man, and Cars eggs. Isaac wanted to open them, which we did, but to his disappointment, there were no treats... we told him that Atticus' eggs were filled with love, then we blew a kiss to Atti in heaven.
 He was so excited about his "lawn mowler" that he forgot about the candy filled eggs!
 That entire day, if he wasn't pushing the lawn mower, he was asking, "Where's my lawn mowler?"
 We had an Easter egg hunt a few days earlier and he has been carrying his basket ever since, he loves the chicky's hair "fluff" and wings!
 Egg hunt was a success...
 ... and finished just in time. We got a HUGE rain/thunder storm.

Handsome for church!
 This is how I got him to smile....
 I'd do it then he'd do it and I'd capture a smile!
So handsome and so grown up!!

Thank you pinterest for the cute egg idea!

We had Easter with the Fish and Qualls family.
It was very fun,with yummy food and lots of playtime!

 


Sure love these two handsome men.
  
Fishs .. Hansens .. Qualls ..
Audrey, is if 5 was a fabulous photographer!





Easter 2008
He seriously had the craziest hair!





 Easter 2009






Easter 2010




Easter 2011









 Easter 2012






10 comments:

Jen Statham said...

Love all of your cute pictures! I especially love your thoughts and perspective. You are awesome Cindy!

Tiffani said...

That picture of Isaac on the stairs is so cute! And yup, you are amazing. I'm so glad that you had a good Easter. Love you lady.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! How adorable is that little boy and his orange tie!! Love reading your updates and love tour way of looking at things:-)

Anonymous said...

Your way not tour.. Darn iphone

jq said...

Love you...so grateful for you and your strength. Thank you for sharing the quotes--I'm so grateful that they bring you peace and that you were able to enjoy your Easter. That Chunker sure is something special! Super glad we could spend Easter dinner together. XO

Anonymous said...

Thank you,Cindy. Your words today have helped me more than I can explain.

Forshee Family said...

Love your pictures and love that you share your testimony . You have touched so many. Love to you all!

Rosie said...

I thought of Atticus as I read those same words. Such beauty and power in pure truth. I'm so glad you had a nice easter. Your pictures are adorable... ESPECIALLY the one where Isaac is sticking out his tongue! hahaha!

kimberlee shaffer said...

Thank you for your words. I thought a lot about Atticus on Easter. I feel so much love for him although I have never met him. Thank you for being an inspiration!

Angie said...

Cind-

I am proud to call you my friend. I am so proud of you. So proud of you for fighting on the days you don't feel like it and lifting others with your testimony. I just love you! It was so sweet... on Easter in church we had a beautiful sacrament meeting. A speaker was talking about death and then the resurrection and my six year old leaned in and said..."I'm thinking about Atticus." He has touched all of us forever. How we love your family. That little Chunk is TOO cute. Love his cheecks. Can't wait to see your new baby... I predict a chubber!
xoxo
Ang