I cannot believe Isaac is 2. It has been the fastest craziest two years of my life. Isaac is such a cute little stink and keeps us laughing and smiling! He was a teeny tiny peanut, just 7.1lbs but beefed right up!
I kept expectations low for myself and told myself and others ;) that it was going to be low key. That way, no matter what I did, it would be great because there were no expectations. And truth be told (yes Im tooting my own horn) Im proud of myself. In preparation for Isaacs birthday party I saw glimpses of myself. And it was kinda nice!
The Invitation..
Taste testing the cupcakes!
The cupcakes! I was really excited with how well they turned out.
When Isaac saw them, he yelled, "Yesss!" throwing his fist in the air!
Basket of goody bags: Light blue sixlets, dark blue chocolate coin, white gumball
Checking out the spread.. in his birthday suit!!
Isaac took to his "birthday role" quite well and immediately started opening the present!
He says, "I am the father!"
Birthday food: Butterscotch rolls, breakfast casserole, ham cups, and a yogurt "bar"
Some of the party goers!
Present time! His friends were waaaay to nice.
"Happy birthday dear Isaac. Happy birthday to you!"
He wanted "fire" again and again. So thats what the birthday boy got. I lit the candle about 5 times for him!
The birthday crew! We are surrounded by some pretty incredible people.
..TWO.. It is so crazy..
"cheese!"
Isaac had the "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" attitude and spent a good portion of the party in tears. His friends however, seemed to have a great time!!
Birthday packages from Utah
I love his smile!
His very own "seatbelt"
His battle chants and stance!
According to Isaac...
1. "So handsome mom!"
2. "Whoops!" He says it really cute
3. He and daddy were watching basketball and he said, "Slam dunk boys!"
4. Recently developed an interest in TV and likes "Elma" aka Elmo
5. When he's upset, "Look mom... cryin"
6. Pop-Pop and Grandma Becky got him a buzzlightyear lunch box and he calls it his "diaper bag" we took to costco on Saturday and church on Sunday!
7. Playing with a play fishing pole he said, "Come here fishy-fishy. Im gonna eat you."
8. He can count to ten, knows the alphabet (colors are a hopeless cause!)
9. He likes to roar at people.
10. "I neeeed you mom!"
11. He loves balls, tools, the park, painting, reading stories, and singing. We look through the Primary Children's hymn book and at the pictures he'll ask, "Whats this mom?" Then we will sing a bit of the song. He will sit at the piano and "sing while playing." It's really cute.
12. I have (gasp) weened him off squeezies. I know HUGE step. The kid was costing us a fortune. He seriously wanted like 10 a day. He still asks for a "wheezy" every day but I think it's just out of habit.
13. He unfortunately is in a BIG hitting phase and it's driving me crazy. For the most part its "soft" hits but has been known to leave a mark or a goose-egg (we are really really sorry Peter). We are working on it and thankfully it's getting a bit better. Atticus never really hit so this is new territory and I hate it. I get a pit in my stomach when I think of when Atticus getting hit and then knowing that Isaac is hurting someone else, its awful. So friends... please be patient. We are really sorry and working on it.
14. "Nice shot mom!"
15. Has the same obsession as Atticus and loves to "bathe" in the kitchen sink.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC. WE LOVE YOU. A LOT.
xoxo, Dad Mom and Atticus












13 comments:
Happy Birthday Isaac. Best picture ever of him getting reading to pop the three suckers in his mouth at the same time!! A darling party - totally Cindy style!!
Happy Birthday to "That Boy" as Sara now calls him! :)
I am proud of you!
What an awesome party! You are a great momma!
Happy Birthday Issac! Love your friends in Wyoming!
I can't believe Chunk is two, either! He is so darn cute! Sad that we couldn't be at his party. It was darling! You did such a great job & should be proud of yourself! Love the cupcakes - so adorable! xo
Sounds like you had a very much deserved happy day! You are so blessed with wonderful Isaac and an amazing husband.
I LOVE that he got his very own "seatbelt" I actualy laughed out loud when I saw him wearing it! That is by far the cutest ever!! I love that he calls his helmet a seatbelt! He is so adorable!
Great job!!!! Such cute fun! Happy Birthday Isaac!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Isaac! I always wish that I was as good of a Mom as you, especially when it comes to your Birthday parties. Is there any way you could ever do a tutorial on how to make a birthday banner? I'd be so grateful! :)
Love that forced toothy grin! His forced smile is the best. I pretty much want to kiss those cheeks on my screen. I am SO PROUD OF YOU! That is huge that you saw glimpses of yourself. Huge. Celebrate it!! The party looked awesome!! Love you. I think of you so often.
xoxoxo
Ang
Happy Birthday Isaac! In case you have a recurrence of squeezies--these are a cost saver for us: www.littlegreenpouch.com (refillable squeezie pouches).
I've been following your story since shortly after Atticus' diagnosis (it was posted on my BB). I was heartbroken at the loss of your sweet Angel and because I was pregnant and emotional had to take a break. However, I've checked in on your family's story sporadically and have to say congrats on your new baby! It gave me chills reading that and I'm so happy for you! So so happy! I know this shounds weird but I strive to be a wonderful parent like you. You loved/love your boys so much that I hope I can provide my own kids such happiness. Congrats again on a new Sept blessing and Isaac is so beautiful (and getting big!). Hugs!
Post a Comment