With a squishy faced little boy...
...with one heck of a laugh!
This is his "battle bad-guy" stance!
I feel like we are between a rock and hard spot. I know we can boycott things if we want to, but we can't really. We have another little boy. I know he's young and wouldn't remember if we had a tree or not, but I would, and just the thought of not trying for him gives me a pit in my stomach. So we were able to get our tree up but couldn't get ourselves to decorate it. I was able to hang the stockings but couldn't put the rest of our Christmas decorations up. It's just too hard.
Daddy.. Mommy.. Atticus.. Isaac
Isaac loves the "twinkle" lights.
We go out every night before bedtime and walk up and down our street. Every single house has Christmas lights. It's awesome. Mr. Don & Mrs. Deb, have a big nativity set on their porch and Isaac likes to go look at Mary and Baby Jesus, because they are, "Shhh! Sleepin!"
Isaac LOVES Christmas music and sings "jingle bells" and "fa-la-la-la-la!" He loves to read about "Big Santa" and have me sing "Frosty the Snowman" to him!
Last year we had white lights put on the house and Atticus was a little disappointed because he wanted "rainbow" lights. We compromised and let him do "rainbow" lights on his Christmas tree, yes he had is own little one, and told him that we would do "rainbow" lights on the house next year.
These LIGHTS are for you buddy. We will always do "Rainbow" lights from now on in remembrance of him. So when you see colored lights, think of Atticus!
The cemetery. The big ornament is a snowman.
Grandma Lori came to visit... Nov. 30- Dec. 3
After we picked her up from the airport we went to Neiman Marcus to see Santa.
It's really cool. They have tunnels for kids to crawl through passing Christmas windows.
You can just barely see grandma Lori in there with him!!
He was very interested in Santa and kept saying, "See Santa!"
He wouldn't sit on his lap but would give him a high five
We had a great time with Grandma. Short but sweet! It was so cute to hear Isaac call for "Bama Lori!"
We love you Grandma!
Isaac is a little stink and climbs EVERYTHING. I swear one of these days Im going to find poor El Rod flappin on the floor!
Eric and I are hanging in there but sometimes by the skin our our teeth. LOTS of tears these last two weeks. We went to see the movie Lincoln and cried. I was at CrossFit in the middle of a work out and ended up in tears. We miss him so much.













7 comments:
Cindy, I think about you every day and really admire your strength. I'm so sorry the holidays are so hard.
I read an article in the ensign a couple of months ago, called, Overcoming Addiction Through the Atonement - not that I'm addicted to anything. But what I liked about it was that he mentioned sometimes we focus so much on the "serpent", the problem, the hurt, or whatever is eating at us instead of focusing on the solution . . . the Savior. I'm totally guilty of this.
I can't even imagine the heartache, or I'm sure the full body ache you feel each day missing your sweet little boy, wondering why, wishing it was all just a nightmare you could wake up from. I really sit up and night and think, what would I do if something happened to one of my boys? How would I get through it (I realize that thinking about and actually doing it are worlds apart) but I know if any sort of survival was going to take place it would have to be through focusing on the Savior.
I hope you can decorate your tree. Just try to remember what the Savior made possible for each of us - to be together forever with our families, and turn pain into peace, as you decorate it, and celebrate this Christmas season.
I don't mean to write a novel about something I don't know anything about but I do hope you can have a wonderful Christmas! Hang in there.
Michelle
You are doing quite well, to put up a tree. Be kinds to yourself and give yourself a break. I wish I could carry your burden for just 30 minutes, so you could have a little relief. I think of you often, even though I don't know you. You are in my prayers and heart. Having a great family is such a blessing to help you through this.
Love you Cindy and Eric! We think of you often. YAY. I have colored lights on my house and now I will think of Atti when I see them. I'm so so sorry the holidays are so hard. We are praying for you. Love that little Chuck. He couldn't be cuter. xoxo
Ang and family
You know, my friend, we never really did the Christmas light thing until the Christmas Sadie was sick. She really wanted Dad to put rainbow lights up on the house. So he did, and continues to do so for his angel. Small humbling concidence we share. We will think of Atti with our lights too! I am sure our angels have their area of Heaven decorated fabulous with the rainbow lights!
Thanks for your updates. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers, particularly with the weeks ahead. Know we love ya, and send big hugs.
We love that Isaac--he's a cutie. I love the fun things you do with him--you are an amazing momma! I love your little tradition of looking at the Christmas lights every night before bedtime. We love you all so much. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
thinking of you always. love you, cindy.
chunk is just too stinking cute. love that squishy chubby face.
thinking of you and your lovely family on what must be a very sad day for all of you. Focus on that handsome lively Issac of yours ........... he is a doll! You have shown incredible strength to us all. Praying for peace for all the families that have lost children this traumatic week. Love and hugs Linda G/ Ashleys mom
Post a Comment