..Atticus Eric Hansen..
December 17, 2007- May 27, 2012
Our sweet Atticus Eric Hansen, returned to our loving Heavenly Father Sunday May 27, 2012. Our prayers were answered as he passed peacefully at home in mommy and daddy's arms snuggled in his BYU blanket.
Atticus was our first miracle.
Born December 17, 2007. A beautiful 7 pound 8 ounce bundle of joy. He had a head full of hair, the most beautiful color of copper red you have ever seen!
We have had 4 AMAZING years. Growing. Loving. Watching. Crying. Laughing. Praising. And last but not least learning. Atticus has taught us so much. He has proven that great things come in small packages. He has been a true missionary to us all. He loved reading his Book of Mormon, singing primary songs, and always said the sweetest prayers.
Atticus was wise behind his years and too smart for his own good! He had a love for life that was contagious. No matter where he went or what he was doing he always had something witty and funny to say. Putting a smile on your face and leaving you thinking, " Is he really only 4 years old?" He was ALL boy with an obsession with sports. Baseball and golf being his favorites. He loved to be outside riding his bike down the ally, looking for treasure, and racing cars. He loved his cars. Atticus was the worlds best big brother and was very protective over Isaac. They were the best of buds.
Atticus fought a very courageous battle. He faced DIPG with dignity patience and a great deal of bravery. He had an amazing ability to stay happy and upbeat, and chose to focus on the things he could do rather than the things he couldn't. He never complained. He is the strongest person we know. He taught us all to never give up. To Love more. To embrace each day and to rely on the Lord.
His life was short. His battle with cancer even shorter, 4 1/2 months. But in that short amount of time he, touched so many peoples lives. We love more, because of him. He is truly amazing and is one of Heavenly Fathers finest.
We want to thank the many many people that have served prayed and loved our family. We want to thank our amazing Oncology Doctors at Medical City Children's hospital.. We love you. Thank you for loving our son. We want to thank Marianne, Amanda, Wendy, and Kammie... you are the best nurses the world will ever know. Our medical team made a very tragic journey do-able. We will forever be grateful for all of you and will always have a special place for you in our hearts.
Our hearts are broken, our bodies ache, but we couldn't be happier for Atticus. He is free from pain. Free from cancer. Free to play as much baseball as his heart desires.
We love you sweet boy. More than words can say. We cannot wait until the day we meet again, hold you in our arms, and kiss your sweet cheeks. We are better people because of you.
xoxo, Daddy Mommy and Chunk
A public viewing will be held Friday June 1, 2012 from 6pm-8pm at
New Hope Funeral Home
500 East Highway 80
500 East Highway 80
Sunnyvale, TX 75182
The funeral service will be Saturday June 2, 2012 at 10am at
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
2801 Skyline drive
Mesquite, TX 75149
-All are welcome to both the viewing and funeral service. Thank you for your love and support. xoxo, Cindy and Eric
43 comments:
The perfect words to describe sweet Atti. You all are amazing and your strength is such an example to all of us. I love the line "Free from pain. Free from cancer. Free to play as much baseball as his heart desires." It's so very true. We LOVE you!! And Atticus has touched SO many lives and will continue to be an example to all of us.
Such a beautiful tribute for a beautiful boy! Sending love and prayers your way...
Absolutely beautiful! So many words of truth. I love "He taught us all to never give up. To Love more. To embrace each day and to rely on the Lord."
Thank you for sharing.
May the Lord bless your family. Love from Dallas.
Sending hugs from NY. Wish I could be there. Thank you for letting an outsider in. I hope Atticus and my James meet and are playing together.
Teresa Bentivenga
jamesgabbymom@optonline.net
That was beautiful. What a loving tribute! You don't know me but I've been following and praying for you all for a few months. Atticus was a very special boy and he has taught us all so much!
God bless you.
So beautifully written. Such a nice tribute to a true hero. Your family has really taught us all the true meaning of love and grace. Thoughts and prayer with your family
How can I love a sweet child and a family I have never met? But I do. My prayers are with you and your beautiful eternal family.
That was the sweetest tribute I have ever read. Thank you for sharing with us. Your family is in our prayers. xoxo
What a beautiful tribute to such an amazing little boy. Continuing to send love and prayers your way.
That was just beautiful. We have never met, but I have been following your blog for a while now and I am so grateful for the example you and your sweet family are to me. Atticus is a beautiful boy!
Wishing you all the peace that angels can bring. I know his spirit will always be near you.
I can't help but smile looking at the last few pictures you posted of him and his little bro. He had his arm around him. What love and what a treasure for your little one.
That was so beautiful. Atticus inspired me so much! Sending hugs and many prayers.
More beautiful than any one of us could ever write....
Beautiful. May you feel and continue to feel the Lords blessings.
Lots of tears and prayers for your family! Thanks for your courage and strength to share this journey with complete strangers.
Beautifully written and so touching. Thank you for sharing your experience in such a real way. I'm bawling I'm so moved by what your family has been through and I celebrate Atticus' being free from pain with you. May we all gain much needed perspective from sweet Atticus' journey. Much love, Sarah
It's perfect! I'm in tears. Absolutely broken for your sweet little family. You are stronger than I can possibly imagine and I pray for your giant tender broken hearts right now as you face each day. Thank you for allowing us to share in your journey with sweet Atticus. Prayers and love from georgia!
What an amazing life he lived. You captured his sweet, beautiful spirit and personality perfectly. I keep thinking of the song "Each Life that Touches ours for Good." His influence has truly reached beyond mortal bounds and will continue on. We pray for you and all your family that your hearts can find peace and comfort.
Love from and Idaho Family
Just beautiful! Atticus is an inspiration. Continuing to send thoughts and prayers your way so that you can get through some very trying days to come! Hugs from CT.
Dear Hansen Family,
My heart is just broken for each of you. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your journey with each who was fortunate enough to find your blog. Your sweet little boy will be missed by so many who never even met him, but came to love him. I have no doubt that Atticus is mighty Stripling Warrior called home to fulfill a special from our Heaven Father. May Heaven's sweetest blessings be poured upon you at this time.
With love from a friend,
Leslie
Absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful tribute for such an amazing boy. Sending lots of love and prayers your way.
Absolutely Beautiful! A perfect tribute to a perfect little boy! I don't know your family but I wish I did...I am so inspired by you! Our family has been praying for all of you. I can't wait to meet Atticus someday...he'll be on the top of my list of people I want to meet in Heaven. Please know that there are so many praying for you!
That is an amazing obituary for an amazing little boy. Thank you for your courage to share your story with complete strangers. Prayers and hugs your way. What an amazing little angel you have.
Many thanks to you and your family for strengthening my faith and bringing me closer to God. May God bless you with peace during this difficult time. You have the most perfect angel watching over your family.
What a beautiful tribute for such a beautiful little spirit. It was perfect! Love you and thinking about you so often. Praying daily for you. So grateful for the things I have learned from your little warrior and his Mommy and Daddy.
How I wish I could be at his services. My heart is there with you now!
xoxoxoxo
Ang
From what I know of what you've told us about Atticus, he will definitely be making appearances in your lives until you meet again...whether it be in your dreams, or in a smell, a song, a whisper. Who knew that so many people could mourn the loss of a little boy whom they had never met. That's how special he was!
In our thoughts!
This is a wonderful obtiuary. Thank You for allowing us to get to know Atticus thru your blog. My three boys and us are still praying for your little one to watch over you and your loved ones. We pray that he is happy and we can meet him someday in heaven.
Much love,
Erika
West Jordan Utah
Thank you for sharing his life with all of us. We pray for you.
Rick and Marene Ebert
Beautiful words for a beautiful boy.Knowing that Atticus is free from pain and in the hands of the Lord is such great comfort.
I will never forget him.
Hugs and comfort to all of you.
Linda
Atticus is amazing! You are an amazing family! You have all touched my heart deeply. I will carry beautiful thoughts of your sweet son and your loving forever family with me for the rest of my life. Thank you for being an example to me of love and courage! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love,
Emily Bolles
Beautifully written post. A wonderful tribute to a true hero. Your family has really taught us all the true meaning of love, courage and grace. Thoughts and prayers are with your family
Our families thoughts and prayers of peace and comfort are with you.
Love,
Annamarie Spencer
Pleasant Grove, UT
I want to be there so bad to hug you and tell you I love you in person. I am thinking about you today and praying for strength and peace for you and Eric.
xoxoxo
Ang
thinking about you guys today and tomorrow, and the weeks ahead!
To the Hansen family,
I found you thru a mutual friend, Mercedi Hale. Ever since reading about your sweet little Atticus, me and my girls have been following you and praying for Atticus. It broke my heart to read about his passing. I did not want to tell my girls who had prayed for him. My seven year old daughter asked about him yesterday and I had to tell her the news. She broke down in tears. I want you to know that your sweet little Atticus has touched even the lives of those who never knew him. I can tell he was a very special boy and that he brought so much happiness to those around him. Not too long ago I too kept a blog for a special little girl who also was fighting her battle with cancer, my sweet little niece Madalyn. I know my sister found comfort in letters and words from others who had lost a child. I have told her about Atticus. She feels your pain and would be willing to do anything that might help you at this time.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Madalyns blog is: www.miraclesformadalyn.blogspot.com
my email is camillewilcock@yahoo.com (if you feel like you would like to contact my sister).
Just remember... Its not good-bye its see you later. Prayers for comfort and peace.
Thinking of your family today and the days ahead and praying for peace and comfort during this very difficult time. God Bless.
Thinking of you today.
Intending to be with you in spirit today as you honor your beautiful son.
Just wanted you to know my heart was in Texas friday night and Saturday morning. I prayed over and over that you would be strengthened through the services. I can't tell you how bad I wanted to be there. You are so loved Cindy and Eric. Your family has touched my heart and I will forever love and remember your Atticus.
xoxoxo
Ang
My heart has been in Texas these past few months, but especially this weekend as I have thought how difficult it must have been to say your final goodbyes to such a special boy. Thank you, again, for allowing so many to mourn with you. I feel like I have fought this battle with you, even though we officially haven't met. What a true missionary Atticus was, and continues to be! Hugs and comfort are sent your way today!
So sorry for your loss. :(
Post a Comment