Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hospital stay

..OUR FIGHTER..

Two very handsome boys...

We were so lucky to have somany visitors come. Atticus got fun goody bags, coloring books, puzzles, cars, treats, pictures, balloons... He is so lucky to have such good friends. As am I. He had just gotten back from surgery. The nurses said he did great. We had alot of snuggle time and I treausred every second... Thankfully the IV was in his right hans so he could suck his thumb... Our "party!" We got "room service" watched a movie and put together a new Hot Wheels race track. It was a really really good night. I couldn't hold him tight enough. I love him so much. SO MUCH.

Cuddling with Pop pop...

You can see the effect the tumor has had on his right side. This pic was after he had started on the Decodron so it was a lot better than the first day.

How can you look at this picture and not cry. I love this little boy.

We were so lucky to have my sister's and In-law's come be with us. We couldn't have done it without them. The had to (and are continuing to) deal with a lot of meltdowns and tears and have been life savers. Thank you! We will never be able to express in words how much your being here meant to us. We love you. Again, thank you to everyone who is keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. I cannot imagine the condition we would be in if we didn't have so much love support and prayers being said in our behalf. Love, Cindy

11 comments:

Jim & Karyn Anderson said...

I can feel the love from here in Lebanon and hope you are feeling it back. Atticus is who made Eric and Cindy a family...GOOD JOB ATTI ! Our day started with prayer for the Hansen's .WE love you all so much! Glad that cute Trevino girl is there representing us.

Janice and Jessica said...

I found your blog through the Hale's. Long story as to how I got there, but anyway, please know that there are those of us out here that are sending good thoughts your way. I have bookmarked your blog. I wish there was something more I could do, but all I can offer is hopeful thoughts and prayers, which I will continue to send daily.

Candi said...

Cindy-I am good friends with Stacie. I have been thinking about you guys since she told me. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please tell Stacie I can help with her boys if she needs me.

Janadt.Huggins said...

I'm sending all the love and prayers to your family. What a beautiful boy and beautiful family you are. I've always thought you were an amazing mom, now more then ever. Love and prayers to you and yours my amazing Cindy.

The Grady's said...

I love all the snuggle pictures of you and Atticus...so sweet! You are all so amazing and we love you and are praying for you all the time! Lots of love!

CassideeT said...

What sweet sweet sweet pictures. Atticus is such a special boy and has an amazing family to love and support him. Atticus will continue to be in our every prayer. Sending lots of love and good energy your way...

m&msmommy said...

I came to your blog through the Hales (who I came across through another blog I follow) and I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I will be praying for your sweet boy (and your family) EVERY SINGLE DAY! From one mommy to another mommy you can count on the prayers. Although we don't know one another you will be held close to my heart and in my prayers.

Love and prayers,
Christina Gomez

Angie said...

Cindy,
Really, how cute is Atticus? Loved the pictures with his cars bedding. He is a doll. I love that you had a PARTY with "room service!" What wonderful parents you are! Prayers and thoughts are with you multiple times a day.

xoxoxo
Angie (Leah's sister)

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

So good to see you surrounded by family and loved ones. I love the cuddle pictures of him with his momma and daddy. So precious! We love you guys and pray for your family every day. What a brave little boy you have. Thank you for sharing so much with us during this time. Praying tender merices come your way.

The Funseekers said...

Marci told me all about your trial. You are in our prayers. Our love to you.
Rick and Marene Ebert

Chris and Michelle said...

I love that you had a "party" and that his hospital room was all decked out with CARS. You really are the best parents. I can't even express how so sorry I am and heartbroken you have to go through this. You are on our minds and in our prayers constantly. My kids are eager to pray for their sweet cousin and even though they don't understand the full scope of it all, they are very concerned for him. They thought of something that is in the mail that might help cheer him up. Give our sweet Atti our love. xoxo