Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving in full swing...

Our Thankful Tree every night before we go to bed we think of one thing we are grateful for pick out a leaf write it down then put it on the tree. Eric had to work late and Isaac was alseep the night we started so Atticus helped. I told Atticus that we would call daddy at work and ask him what he was grateful for when he excitedely said, "Mom! I know what dad is grateful for, COKE!" I laughed so hard- like to the point of tears- because it is SO true. Atticus said that Chunk was grateful for food (also very true)! The first pumpkin pie of the season! The first of many... I LOVE the holiday's and the yummy stuff we get to bake and eat. I seriously have a mental list of all the things I want to make, Im such a nerd. The many faces of Mr. Isaac. I LOVE this boy. I kiss those chubby cheeks ALL DAY LONG!

Playing peek-a-boo He always puts his feet up on the tray! I love his chubby (very tickle-ish) toes! Battling the pillows with his "battling gloves" AKA my dish gloves! He is so funny... If I didn't cheer him on after each "attack" he would say, "Mom, your supposed to say 'Go Atticus go'" A very valuable lesson learned... NEVER leave Atticus unattended when playing with play dough. He built Daddy's building and said that he not only wanted a picture of his tower but wanted to pose like so!! He has said some funny things lately. Let me preface them with this... he has been really in to having things in his pockets lately. So he can be like Dad. He is constantly asking me for receipts and change. The other day I found about 5 receipts, odd change, packet of tissues and a pack of gum crammed in the pockets of his jeans! 1. "But Mom, I NEEEEED money. To jingle in my pockets like jingle bells!" 2. "Mom, where's my credit card." 3. "Where are my receipts mom?" 4. "Watch this mom. When I jump my ears wiggle!" 5. Everything is "compelious" (yes it's a made up word and he uses it all the time, and in case you are wondering, it is used in such ways, "Mom, its complious big." or "Mom, I'll be so quiet. Like compelious quiet."

2 comments:

Stamp With Linz said...

An adorably compelious post! :)

Leah said...

Julia put her toes up on the high chair too. I love it!!! What a cute idea, the thankful tree. That's so great. Love love love you and your darling family.