Sunday, August 23, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Our first two weeks in Utah... Firth Family Reunion...

 
Posted by Picasa
After breakfast we played at Great Grandpa Firths farm chasing sheep and feeding the cows, then went to a "carnival." It was great to catch up with family and have Atticus play with his cousin's. He was especially fond of Anders (he shared his Cheetos) and Samantha who kept asking him, "Do you want to play?" The kids all found "harry potter wands" (pens) and were running around casting spells while the adults danced to a live band. It was really fun!
 
Posted by Picasa
Eric and my brother Spencer double fisting a snow cone and cotton candy. What more could they want?!?!? Cabin in Oakley... Atticus thought the 4-wheelers were tractors!We had SO much fun. Jay and Atticus play so well together and we adults had a pretty good time too!
 
Posted by Picasa
We went to a Rodeo with Grandpa and Grandma Hansen, Brett & Beth, and Great Grandma Lonczyna and had SOOO much fun. Atticus wanted to pet each and every horse. He would shout "go-go-go" to the horses! Old Fashion Picnic... IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! Everything was a nickle. Seriously. We got 40 tickets for $1. Our first stop was the carriage ride. Along the way to "San Fransisco" we were "robbed" it was pretty cute. The "robber" gave Atticus a chocolate gold coin.
 
Posted by Picasa
3-Legged race, Egg-toss, Fishing Pond, and a Pie eating contest (yes I did the pie eating contest and yes, I was the ONLY one brave enough. I didn't win, but I held my own!). 5 cent snow cones and 5 cent popcorn. Never have I loved nickles so much.
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Leah said...

Atti's squished face with chocolate on his lips is the cutest picture E.V.E.R. Love it.
Busy Bust Busy is right!!!! How fun.

Janadt.Huggins said...

I love all the pics and the 5 cent carnival looks like a total blast. I'm glad you're having fun in UT. Kiss the mountains and the dry air for me ;)

Stamp With Linz said...

Glad you are having fun my sweet friend. Sorry I missed your call the other day. Love ya. Miss ya!

Stamp With Linz said...

PS I love that you entered the pie eating contest- that's awesome.

Workmans said...

Sheesh! You guys have been busy! Way to go on the pie eating contest, you made me proud for just entering it :)
I need your address to send back your zoo card since we can still use ours until we leave (thanks anyway). Miss you like crazy! Tell your boys hello.

Wonder Womna said...

SO fun to run into you at Swiss Days - I still can't believe you recognized me! Al was bummed that he wasn't there to see you guys too. I'm having a get together in Sandy next month as a kind of baby-celebration party and I'd love it if you came. If you send me your address I'll mail you an invitation.

EmmaTheJane said...

Hey.... just wondering did you happen to move far far away with my book "The Book Thief"? and if you did, how appropriate.

Marissa Joy said...

Sounds like you are having fun but we sure do miss you down here!