Tuesday we flew in to Utah (a surprise trip from my sweet husband to surprise my sweet sister!!!). After a few hours at my moms I heard the cry. The cry that immediatley tells any mommy, "this is NOT good." I don't even remember running over to him but as soon as I picked him up I yelled to my mom that we needed to go to the hospital. Atticus had fallen down the steps and was drenched in blood and it looked like his tooth was either dangling or knocked back. So, baby in arms, blood everywhere we rushed to the dentist (figured a dentist could do more than a doctor). I rocked him and did the best I could but the poor guy was scared to death. Everyone knows he sucks his thumb but with his mouth feeling funny and the blood on his thumb.... his world was ending. Total TOTAL meltdown. After rushing in to a PediaDontest, pinning his head in football hold... Dr. Nelson was able to see that >Atticus had completely broken off his front left tooth but wanted an xray when the swelling went down. An xray for and 18 month old means putting them to sleep... so we have to wait until we get back to Texas. My poor little guy. So our first two days here consisted of Tylenol, Motrin, ice cream, otter-pops, Thomas and Mickey Mouse DVD's. Atticus... our little toothless wonder. He looks like he plays hockey. Swollen upper lip, black and blue gums and a broken front tooth. He was pretty sad the first few days but is now back in action. Chasing Foxy (me right behind him) and playing in the sandbox. We survived our first real injury. The first of many, Im sure. The game plan once back in TX is to either cap it or pull it, depending on the condition of the root, but the tooth already looks infected :( He may be a toothless wonder for a long long time. Eric said we should change his name to Atticuth! ***Pictures to come***
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Man oh man! Poor little guy. I'm glad you had your mom there for the 1st big injury. I was probably just as scary for you. I can't wait to see this toothless guy. I'm sure he looks adorable and all boy which he is so the new look with totally fit his personality :)
So sad, and a scary for you. I'm glad you survived and I'm sure Atti will look just as cute as ever with a missing tooth you'll definitly have to post some pics.
Okay. That is the worst story i've ever heard! Aw! I hope he's okay! Poor guy! :( I like that Eric can make light of the situation- what a good guy :) Atticuth...
PS. I think missing front teeth are the cutest. At least now you don't have to wait till he's 5 or 6 for that cuteness! ;)
Poor little guy! And poor mom, too!!
Oh, that is so scary!!! Jacob bent over to pick up a toy and hit his mouth on the coffee table. I worried that the impact would kill the tooth and make it turn gray... but luckily it didn't. Many hugs to my little buddy. Sorry about the first major boo boo. You'll be an expert at crisis management by the time he's in school, Cindy.. I'd be a mess, but you seem to handle it with grace and finesse.. KUDOS to you.
PS, love the new look of the blog.
I have been checking to see when you would post. I am so sad for you and Atticus. Poor boy. What a sad story. It breaks my heart. Tell little Atti that he is a total stud that claire is jealous. She has wanted to lose a tooth for about 2 years now and nothing. I know it sounds twisted but Claire is super jealous. Could they switch places? ;)
Love you guys.
I was hoping for a picture, I'll just hold out for the real deal. You're a trooper, Cindy. And Atticus will still be the cutest little boy with or without that front tooth. :)
Seriously Cind (can I call you Cind?) its been WAY too long and I need to see the little man! I can't picture him looking like a hockey player...that makes me so SAD! He's a brave little boy for going through all that trama! Call when you are ready for visitors.
p.s. I think you're brave too :)
OH cindy i'm so sorry. That's sounds horrifying. I hope the rest of your trip goes perfectly.
How SCARY! Hope things are okay now. I haven't been good at checking blogs lately... Can't believe you are about done with school. Seems like just yesterday you were the new couple in sacrament meeting. Time flies!
I can't believe how behind I am on your blog. Poor little Atti! That sounds painful! As bad as it might have hurt...it's pretty dang cute. Love that picture of him with the glasses on. What a cutie! Glad you guys had a fun trip to Utah. What a sweet hubs you have to surprise you like that!
Awh, poor guy. What happened to the front tooth in the end; pulled it? Don't worry much, though. It's one of the phases little guys go through. Though of course, the dentist must always check his baby teeth so that when his adult teeth come, there wouldn't be any problems.
Post a Comment