Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Dallas Zoo


Leah and I decided to take the kids to the Zoo, despite the blazing hot weather. The kids did great. The animals... not so great! They were all in hiding. I guess they thought it was too hot to play. So the only animals we saw were a couple of monkeys, one tiger, one giraffe, and a very stinky rhino.



The Zoo is exhausting!


Poor Leah had to witness a "meltdown" firsthand! I thought I lost my wedding ring. We were buying ice cream for the girls when I went to pay realized my ring was gone and in 0.01 seconds I hit major panic mode and immediately started to cry. Thank heavens Leah was there and knew exactly where I put it. I obviously need to have a better "safe-keeping" location when applying Atti's sunscreen! Or just never take it off. Duh!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ugh...I bet it was so hot. You crazy girls! I though I as dying when we went a few weeks ago. I'm pretty sure I would have lost control and been splashing around in that fountain if we tried a trip now.

Glad you didn't loose your ring. What a nightmare that would gave been to go looking around the zoo.

Marci said...

I love Dallas... I'm so excited that you get to leave there this summer. Good luck with another Texas summer!!

Stacie Trevino said...

I love the zoo. Jay and I go about once a week and he always get's so excited when we see the elephants and monkeys! He points at them and yells "Ahh!" from the top of his lungs! I am glad Leah found your ring. It is so "Romera" to instantly panic and lose all sense of rational!!

Stacie Trevino said...

Oh, p.s., love Atti's outfit!!

Leah said...

You forgot to post the sheer panic is your voice as you said, "Where's my ring." Holy cow. I wanted to cry just listening to you even though I had seen what you did with it. Boy am I glad it was a quick find..not as glad as you.
It was blazing hot but it was a fun adventure. :)
A once a year adventure...man that zoo it HUGE!
Anyone up for a cameron park zoo trip when we get back!