Thursday, March 6, 2008

The child who refused to sleep!



Okay, so you know when you are still pregnant and everyone tells you, "Enjoy your sleep while it lasts." or "Take this time to relax, scrap, read." Well... I would like to go back in time and take everyone up on those comments.

For whatever reason Mr. Atticus refused to sleep starting last friday night until Tuesday. Seriously... He refused to take naps during the day having a split personality. It was either, "The world is ending" cry, or "Aren't I cute?" happy as a clam. Then at night would give Eric and I a 4 hour stretch but would get back at us by waking up literally every hour. No sleep = crazy lady. I seriously started to second guess everything I was doing as a mother.

So needless to say come Monday afternoon I was an absolute mess, a bawling, "I can't do this" mess. Poor Eric, after a long day at school had to come home to me... crying, telling him that "I'm done!", "Im going out and am not coming back until I feel sane, so... see ya next year." **I would like to state for the record, that obviously, it did not take me until next year but a trip to Target** Target is like a cure-all. Browse for an hour or so and it turns that frown upside down!

Tuesday night I went to dinner with some friends who re-assured me it's normal and that it gets better... then, tada... he slept fabulously that night and ever since! Hallelujah (to be read in a singing voice!) Amazing what a good night sleep can do for a girl. It's a good thing he's so dang cute and that I love him so stinkin' much.

So, to all you pregnant ladies... SLEEP- READ- RELAX. Your world is about to dramatically change. The little bundle of joy rocks your world (in a good way of course).

9 comments:

Emily said...

I'm pretty sure it was the bacon-cheese fries we ate that helped Atti sleep better. Anytime he has trouble sleeping call me up, I'll share a plate of those fries with you anytime. That's just the kind of good friend that I am.

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

Yeah for Atti!! So glad life is a little more settled! I agree with Emily, those fries sure help put me to sleep...they must have done the trick! However they won't do the trick for your hips and thighs!

Moore Fun Stories said...

I do feel your pain. It's nice to know that it gets better.

Watts Family said...

Sorry to hear about no sleep! I have a very hard time when I'm sleep deprived. Everything seems worse when you're tired.

I agree- Target is a fabulous place (especially w/o kids).

Rachel White said...

I think he knows you were talking about him -- and like a true little boy, he has to do the opposite of what you say. :) So keep telling everyone that he doesn't sleep, and just to prove you wrong he'll sleep through the night!

TonyaKuykendall said...

That happened to my sister in law. She got to the point where she'd sleep on the couch with the baby in the bassinet next to her. I'm grateful Jake didn't go through that. Although he did wake up at 3am last night.. I just brought him in our room and Wham, back to sleep. We need a bigger bed... {{{HUGS}}}

Michele said...

Those hair-pulling, tear-producing, make-you-want-to-sit-in-a-corner-and-cackle-with-mad-laughter feelings are, oddly enough, normal. The power kids have of erasing those feelings is truly their gift to us: All we have to do is look into those gorgeous eyes that are filled to the rim with trust and love for us--and it all melts away...

Leah said...

Well, I thought I commented on this post but apparently not! :)
I am so glad he turned around for you and started sleeping, BUT after talking to you tonight it seems as though your cute stinker bug is on the no sleep kick again! Good luck and CALL me when you are needing someone! ;)

Steph said...

Oh Cindy, Cindy...we really need to get together and just cry. Motherhood is hard-no doubt. It's a good thing these little ones have such cute smiles to make us forget all of the sleepless nights.